Bracketology...Has Shockers 8 seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology...Has Shockers 8 seed

The ESPN Bracketology guy has the Shockers as eight seed in Louisville (along with Kentucky, Purdue, and Texas-Arlington).

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Stupid 8 seed... The only time I wanna be an 8 seed is if KU is a 1 seed in the same region.

Comment

What's the website that takes all the Bracketology out there and averages them out? I can't seem to remember what it is or where to find it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          Stupid 8 seed... The only time I wanna be an 8 seed is if KU is a 1 seed in the same region.
          If we are an 8 seed, I really don't want to play KU or even Kentucky. Thomas Robinson would probably make Stutz look like he was stuck in a tub of molasses all game. We match up with them at the guard position, at least KU, but not in the paint. I'd much rather play Syracuse or Ohio State.

Comment

Stutz wouldn't be guarding Robinson anyway, that would be the beast! And that is a match up I would like to see
            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
              Stutz wouldn't be guarding Robinson anyway, that would be the beast! And that is a match up I would like to see
              Withy(sp?) v. Stutz
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

There's no reason we can't win the whole thing. We are loaded with talent, great defense and deep too. All we need is an invite. Something tells me that Marshall and company will not be content with just getting invited. I think that they'll want to show how badly we've been overlooked the last two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                  There's no reason we can't win the whole thing. We are loaded with talent, great defense and deep too. All we need is an invite. Something tells me that Marshall and company will not be content with just getting invited. I think that they'll want to show how badly we've been overlooked the last two seasons.
                  The whole thing, really? I guess it's possible, get the right matchups and play like they did against UNLV.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    "Gonna fly now
                    flying high now
                    gonna fly, fly, fly..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The espn MID MAJOR POWER RANKINGS have WSU #1 again this week. The link for the complete story and the other teams is listed below. Creighton has move up to #2. (Andy Katz needs to read the espn web-site). I have posted most of what they said about WSU and CU below:

Everything is going Wichita State's way these days. (except all the snubbing by other espn pundits- this is my editorial note and was NOT included in the article). The Shockers are up to ninth in the country in Kenpom.com's rankings, thanks to an offense and defense that are equally efficient (14th in the nation in both categories). They followed a good road win at UNI with a 43-point destruction of SIU. But before their battle royal at Creighton on Feb 11, a pair of sticky road contests at The Drake and SWOMO loom over the next nine days.

Then there's the other team tied atop the Valley, which moved up to second in the rankings this week. Granted, it wasn't easy -- the Bluejays escaped
                      Springfield,MO with a one-point win last Wednesday. But with an offense that leads the nation in effective field goal percentage (59.1) and is second from behind the arc (45.1 percent), CU has a shooter's chance in every game.

BTW- UNI is ranked #10, Nevada on the other hand, is NOT RANKED.

ESPN Insider uses advanced metrics to track teams that might bust your brackets come March. In this week's edition of the Mid-Major Power Rankings, Jordan Brenner evaluates the Murray State Racers.
                      Last edited by shox1989; January 24, 2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

If Butler can make it to the title game two years in a row and VCU can make it to the final four, there's no reason we can't do the same thing.

Comment

Still an 8 seed accourding to Lunardi. Creighton moved up to a 3.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            Still an 8 seed accourding to Lunardi. Creighton moved up to a 3.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
                            Obviously Lunardi agrees that the Drake loss is not a bad loss (or that at least the UNLV win offsets it completely). We were an 8 seed last week and he keeps us there this week.

Now lets beat them Bears!

Comment

That's really good to see. Proves that the Drake loss wasn't really all that bad. Also lucky that it was our first road loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X