2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmoney View Post
    It's predictable that Shockernet see's nothing wrong with Creighton's coaches comments considering the demographic of Shocker fans. Red state KS, mostly middle age and older white males. It's interesting how right wing politics keep popping up on Shocker Basketball Forum. I think it was a stupid racist comment. Does that mean the coach is racist? No it doesn't, but of all of the analogies to inspire a team to stick together why would you choose that?
    Complaining about stereotyping while stereotyping yourself is a great look.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This is so clearly a malapropism it's ridiculous. He was trying to say that his team needs to not go off the "reservation". That is such a well known metaphor there is even a wikipedia page for it: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_off_the_reservation
      Too bad for McDermott, that that expression/phrase is also frowned upon in today’s culture/climate.

Lose/Lose for him (and everyone who has to try and explain away anything the mob doesn’t like at that given time and day).
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Too bad for McDermott, that that expression/phrase is also frowned upon in today’s culture/climate.
        It is?

Edit: Now you are making me go look it up.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Here is how I dream this scenario plays out for all involved in the future before we all go insane:

Coach: We need to stick together on the plantation guys.

Player 1: WTF coach, you think we are all slaves? (as he looks around at his teammates and they all break out into laughter)

Coach: (Turning red with embarrassment) Wow! I'm sorry, guys, horrible analogy on my part, I'm sorry. You know what I mean, we gotta stick together as a team. We are all in this together as brothers.

Player 2: WTF coach, We ain't your brother, you're white.

Coach: You're right, I'm your damn dad, so you have to do whatever the eff I say!! Now let's go out and kick the crap out of the Jayhawks.

(All breakout into laughter and gather in a huddle and break huddle as a team. Because at the end of the day, none of them are slaves, slaver owners, adversaries or enemies pitted against each other, but rather a group of friends looking out and pursuing success together.)
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Gmoney find something else to do, maybe read some Dr. Seuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
              Gmoney find something else to do, maybe read some Dr. Seuss.
              Or you can by a My Pillow and dream all night about conspiracies

Comment

• well, I would 'buy' one but that's just me.....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Malapropisms aren't intentional.
                  In fact, they sometimes contuse the speaker themselves.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Comment

• T
                      Originally posted by gmoney View Post
                      It's predictable that Shockernet see's nothing wrong with Creighton's coaches comments considering the demographic of Shocker fans. Red state KS, mostly middle age and older white males. It's interesting how right wing politics keep popping up on Shocker Basketball Forum. I think it was a stupid racist comment. Does that mean the coach is racist? No it doesn't, but of all of the analogies to inspire a team to stick together why would you choose that?
                      Why don’t you just focus group test it? That’s what McDermott should have done before he said it because every coach focus groups everything they say to their team prior to saying it. I doubt he even thought how you’d think of the “PLANTATION” word before he said it. I can’t wait until you say something “stupid” that can’t be taken back and you get “Fried”. That WILL happen some day and you will say I didn’t mean THAT. LOL

Comment

LOL. This says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          well, I would 'buy' one but that's just me.....:)
                          I have about 15 of them around the house... best darn pillow I've ever had.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            T

Why don’t you just focus group test it? That’s what McDermott should have done before he said it because every coach focus groups everything they say to their team prior to saying it. I doubt he even thought how you’d think of the “PLANTATION” word before he said it. I can’t wait until you say something “stupid” that can’t be taken back and you get “Fried”. That WILL happen some day and you will say I didn’t mean THAT. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You’re usually really funny but I don’t see a good correlation to what’s you said on your picture. We were talking about the word plantation and racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You’re usually really funny but I don’t see a good correlation to what’s you said on your picture. We were talking about the word plantation and racism.
                                Oops, I thought you meant to type fired?

Comment

Working...
                                X