Added to what I saw last night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added to what I saw last night....

....if the NEXT class is as advertised, the special times could continue a LONG time...White looked good, Wessel looked solid, Cotton had moments ,Anacreon showed progress, and Mr. Baker looked itching to get at it. Hope that's the case!

I was thinking the same thing. Our talent level is only improving not to mention our depth.

Comment

As long as the current coaching staff remains intact I don't see anything but (is it RDR that always says trending upward?) continued success for The Shox. It doesn't take much to upset the dynamics of a basketball team as we saw after coach Boyles departure.

Comment

It does look to be a sharp continued upward trend.

But lets keep they yellow glasses looking at reality some also.

Coach Jans will be running a program somewhere next year. He is ready, has put in the time and effort, and been a great asset to Wichita State. I wish him well.

Coach Haier will likely follow Jans footsteps and spend some time here developing and expanding his recruiting ties.

It is possible that this will be Bruce Weber's last year at Illinois. If so, whoever gets the job there will likely come calling for Coach Ford, and he will go.

Losing Coach Jans will hurt, but I also look at the level of talent in the coaches Coach Marshall has brought in, and it makes my pain go away. We will be fine.

Comment

While I don't think we will fall off the face of the earth, I would expect a middle of the pack finish in the MVC next year. We have some great young talent for next year, but they are just that...young. It will look good at times and horrible at others. We lose A LOT of scoring, assists...well everything really. Now granted we will more than likely have players contribute alot more than they are right now with the increased playing time, but how much is to be determined. Other teams will return alot of talent, so it will be very tough to keep pace with them in the grind of the MVC season.

With that said, I am just going to go back to enjoying THIS year for now. It sure is a fun one!!!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Sure hope that you're wrong DSB but I guess you never really know.

Comment

You really think all our assistants are leaving in the next 2 years? If so that ain't good for our program as far as recuiting goes
              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

WSU just needs to pay these guys what they want. Seriously, this athletic department is as strong as it ever has been since 1987. A new president is coming in also and WSU needs to do whats right.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  It is possible that this will be Bruce Weber's last year at Illinois. If so, whoever gets the job there will likely come calling for Coach Ford, and he will go.
                  Possible, but highly unlikely (as in less than a 5% chance at this point). They are overachieving during what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. The Iowa trainwreck is still too fresh in Big Ten AD's collective minds to fire someone after an at-large bid.

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                    You really think all our assistants are leaving in the next 2 years? If so that ain't good for our program as far as recuiting goes
                    I didn't say all. I said one. The 2nd is an IF and depends on who the new Head Coach at Illinois is. The 3rd I expect to be here for a while and develop under Coach Marshall.

Comment

If Marshall goes, Jans and Haier stay.

Comment

Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; January 22, 2012, 11:42 AM. Reason: clarity
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Right now, I love the 'young guns' we added to our Coaching Staff and Jans is a keeper as well. With that said, yes, what an exciting recruiting class coming in and I doubt the finished product is necessarily finished. In our case, how are the redshirts coming along and just how much immediate help will D-Will, Hall, etc. have that can keep us winning? Last night was a glimpse in a positive note to how that may all pan out. In the past, on rebuilding years, the Shocks have really struggle versus the experienced teams? I'm hoping the mix mentioned above will keep us in the hunt without skipping too many beats. We are not expected to reload at a pace that Kentucky can do. However, we play in the valley and if we keep bringing in the quality of players like this recruiting class, then stay tuned for good news.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Too late isn't it? He got scooped up by Turg at Maryland?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              It does look to be a sharp continued upward trend.

But lets keep they yellow glasses looking at reality some also.

Coach Jans will be running a program somewhere next year. He is ready, has put in the time and effort, and been a great asset to Wichita State. I wish him well.

Coach Haier will likely follow Jans footsteps and spend some time here developing and expanding his recruiting ties.

Losing Coach Jans will hurt, but I also look at the level of talent in the coaches Coach Marshall has brought in, and it makes my pain go away. We will be fine.
                              You don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I have a feeling that the raises that the coaches got (Marshall and company) were probably pretty good and seveal of them are from the midwest.

By your logic, Lambo would already be gone. But he's happy here. Don't push people out.

Comment

Working...
                              X