Looking Forward To This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward To This Year

We've got Dennis, Etienne, Wade, and Gilbert There's serious talent in that group. The bench is new and we've got no proven players under the basket. From what I've seen (yeah, it's highlight videos), I think we've got some talent in the Fr and the JuCo guys who should be able to come off the bench and provide something better than just eating minutes.

I'm not at all pessimistic about the upcoming season. After losing half the scholarship players to transfers last year, competing for an AAC title is not among my expectations for this team, regardless of who was coaching them.

I've seen predictions ranging from 4th to 7th in conference play. I'm inclined to believe the upper end of that with Isaac Brown leading the team.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    We've got Dennis, Etienne, Wade, and Gilbert There's serious talent in that group. The bench is new and we've got no proven players under the basket. From what I've seen (yeah, it's highlight videos), I think we've got some talent in the Fr and the JuCo guys who should be able to come off the bench and provide something better than just eating minutes.

I'm not at all pessimistic about the upcoming season. After losing half the scholarship players to transfers last year, competing for an AAC title is not among my expectations for this team, regardless of who was coaching them.

I've seen predictions ranging from 4th to 7th in conference play. I'm inclined to believe the upper end of that with Isaac Brown leading the team.
    It will be interesting to see how all the turmoil affects the team. It could easily be a distraction. It could also be a motivator... Set out to prove that they are still winners even without Marshall.

Comment

I hope that this adversity brings the team closer. Regardless, I’m excited too. No expectations. I’ll be cheering on the team and HCIB all the way. They all deserve our support and that’s what I’ll show.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the year too. Given the circumstances, they'll probably be considered underdogs in most games, which should help take off some of the pressure.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Alterique Gilbert is the key to where the Shockers finish in the AAC; if he is as good a PG and defender as I think then the Shockers could finish as high as #2 just behind Houston. Initial Starting Five should be a strong unit -
          1. AG at the Point
          2. TE at the Two
          3. DD at the Three
          4. TW at the Four
          5. MU at the Five
          A lot of court time available, hopefully the roster will gel quickly with HCIB leading the charge with the new comers.

Comment

Win or lose, Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Excited as hell. It's Shocker basketball!!
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Let the Horses run!

Comment

Is Cox going to air home games ??????

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    Is Cox going to air home games ??????
                    Im in the minority but hopefully they are all on ESPN+ at minimum. Let's distance ourself from Cox unless they decide to dump a very large sum of money on the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Im in the minority but hopefully they are all on ESPN+ at minimum. Let's distance ourself from Cox unless they decide to dump a very large sum of money on the program.
                      Well if the home games are only on ESPN+, what is the chances they will be blacked out? That also seems to cut back on the audience access. I would expect there is bigger audience that has Cox than that are paying for ESPN+.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Well if the home games are only on ESPN+, what is the chances they will be blacked out? That also seems to cut back on the audience access. I would expect there is bigger audience that has Cox than that are paying for ESPN+.
                        If ESPN+ is the primary broadcast it won't be blacked out.

As far as larger audience ... Maybe ... But it's also very quickly changing .. 5 bucks a month > paying cox for an overpriced bundle of junk.

​​​

Comment

This thread is delusional. Therapeutic no doubt, but delusional. Keep your expectations in the basement and you won't be hurt later.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            This thread is delusional. Therapeutic no doubt, but delusional. Keep your expectations in the basement and you won't be hurt later.
                            No delusion Cold; my position is one of fandom, a position I have held toward the Shockers since 1958.

As I have already posted my prediction regards the Shockers anticipated finish in the AAC, I will just add that I will be pulling like mad for HCIB and the Shockers to beat Kelvin Sampson and Houston every time they play them this season.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Ah come on, Cold, even an old negative Nancy like yourself should be able to get excited about seeing some shocker basketball next week even if the prospects for the season are unknown at best.

Comment

Working...
                              X