Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wichita State Revisit Starting Football? It may be time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Wichita State Revisit Starting Football? It may be time.

This question is mainly posed to ADDB... considering the scary possibility of even thinking about losing Gregg Marshall.

The American is a very good football conference, and there is currently a 12th FB spot that may be available in time...

With Gregg Marshall, being a MBB-focused school was palatable. Marshall obviously prefers the program being the big dogs on campus.

However, without Gregg Marshall, it is probably wise to diversify, because the chances of hitting on a basketball coach of his caliber 2X in a row is bleak. (just being realistic)

John Bardo left football as an open-ended question.

If Wichita State is SERIOUSLY in touch with a guy like Danny Manning, and seriously considering letting Gregg Marshall go, being a basketball-focused school in an all-sports conference is a BAD IDEA.

The only thing that would help medicate that loss of a limb is growing another limb.

Attached Files

Unfortunately we may lose Gregg Marshall during the time of the plague when everybody is cash strapped. Plus Cessna is soon to be demolished. No cash, no stadium. In the mere blink of an eye football went from something WSU could look into, to-- we might be 10 years out from having the resources to even think about it again.. The same thing happened to KU, they unveiled plans/rendorings to renovate Memorial and all the sudden those plans are a very distant memory, but for them it's a distant memory in a bad way. The vanishing of renovation renderings could also indicate they are leaning towards canceling the football program altogether lol

Comment

Delusional

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Delusional
        There is much of that going around.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
          This question is mainly posed to ADDB... considering the scary possibility of even thinking about losing Gregg Marshall.

The American is a very good football conference, and there is currently a 12th FB spot that may be available in time...

With Gregg Marshall, being a MBB-focused school was palatable. Marshall obviously prefers the program being the big dogs on campus.

However, without Gregg Marshall, it is probably wise to diversify, because the chances of hitting on a basketball coach of his caliber 2X in a row is bleak. (just being realistic)

John Bardo left football as an open-ended question.

If Wichita State is SERIOUSLY in touch with a guy like Danny Manning, and seriously considering letting Gregg Marshall go, being a basketball-focused school in an all-sports conference is a BAD IDEA.

The only thing that would help medicate that loss of a limb is growing another limb.
          Not happening unless Mr Koch gives a couple hundred million which is very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Not happening unless Mr Koch gives a couple hundred million which is very unlikely.
            Might take about that much to keep the athletic dept afloat.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hey ShockRef, no outside reading/studying required regards the content of this thread; please share your thoughts with the board on Steve's post?
              • Is Steve's thought process "...pretty stupid ****" or
              • Is Steve's just posting some of his "...most asinine comments" or
              • Do you "admire him" or
              • Steve should "go back and read what he posted" or
              • Steve is just posting "...some of the dumbest bullshit every posted on this site" or
              Is that all?????

Comment

StunningSteve - my wife asked me to post this just for you

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  StunningSteve - my wife asked me to post this just for you
                  You must be a Danny Manning fan, "Shocker1976"

Comment

Comment

Football was breaking the bank when it was cancelled. It would be even worse with a startup. They would not be competitive which = no fans in the stands = no revenue

Comment

Big XII “Witchita” State gave LSU a scare at Tiger Stadium. That was pretty cool and allowed me to dream a little. I’ve always been in the ‘bring back football’ camp. President Warren Armstrong ripped my heart out in 1986. I still have a dream that Charles will write a ‘big check’ before he’s 6’ under and a new stadium will face his former office. “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                          Football was breaking the bank when it was cancelled. It would be even worse with a startup. They would not be competitive which = no fans in the stands = no revenue
                          ”I've just closed my eyes again
                          Climbed aboard the dream weaver train
                          Driver take away my worries of today
                          And leave tomorrow behind...”
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                            Hey ShockRef, no outside reading/studying required regards the content of this thread; please share your thoughts with the board on Steve's post?
                            • Is Steve's thought process "...pretty stupid ****" or
                            • Is Steve's just posting some of his "...most asinine comments" or
                            • Do you "admire him" or
                            • Steve should "go back and read what he posted" or
                            • Steve is just posting "...some of the dumbest bullshit every posted on this site" or
                            Is that all?????
                            Stop requoting yourself, Terry.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You must be a Danny Manning fan, "Shocker1976"
                              I admired DM as a player and thought he did a good job coaching the "bigs" at KU. As a Head Coach I think he has been a failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X