wuhog (DNP) 9
    ShockFan963 (DNP) 7
    Shockette (DNP) 6
    PlaneShocker (DNP) 5
    electricmayhem (DNP) 5
    TXShox (DNP) 4
    ljmatney (DNP) 4
    Shocklife (DNP) 4
    Last edited by tropicalshox; January 19, 2012, 10:56 AM.
    In the fast lane

Hey Trop,

Did you decide to expand eligibility for the tournament?
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Missed me

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
        Hey Trop,

Did you decide to expand eligibility for the tournament?
        Yes, I believe this is the method we used last year and it's works well for the tournment contest. The contestant(s) with the highest score is given the #1 seed. The contestant(s) with the 2nd highest score will be the #2 seed and so on down to the contestant(s) with the 10th highest score.
        In the fast lane

Comment

I'm JUST behind the cut-off. Got to start being smarter with my predictions.
          Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

No surprise that 2 of the top 3 spots are occupied by 2 of the smartest and best informed posters on the site. Well done guys!

Comment

I thought the cutoff was Top 10 and ties which would put the cut at 58 and above.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                No surprise that 2 of the top 3 spots are occupied by 2 of the smartest and best informed posters on the site. Well done guys!
                Thank you @WuDrWu:

Comment

As the winner of last year's tournament (the Bonefish Grill was excellent), I look forward to (hopefully) retaining my title, assuming I stay above the cut line. Again, big thanks to trop for doing this, and for all who donate- you are all awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I thought the cutoff was Top 10 and ties which would put the cut at 58 and above.
                    Could we get clarification on this? The previous standing used the other method of top ten places. This one seems to use the top ten discrete scores.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

It's my fault for not going back and looking closely at what we did last year. Last night I realized the top 10 and ties doesn't really work for what's coming up in the tournament contest and it's not how it was handled last year. If I used only the top 10 or top 10 and ties, there could be problems with the seeding, especially on who would get first round byes.

I believe the following method was used last year and it's works well for the tournament contest. The contestant(s) with the highest score is given the #1 seed. The contestant(s) with the 2nd highest score will be the #2 seed and so on down to the contestant(s) with the 10th highest score.

The 7th thru 10th seed contestants will have to play on Thursday. #10s and 7s will have to pick the winner and score of the bracket game. There will be no ties. The first one who puts in the score is the only one that can have it. The winner will advance to Friday night and will face the #1 seed contestants. Also playing on Thurday night will be the 8th and 9th seeds. If I remember correctly, the winner will face the #2 seeds on Friday. And so it goes until the championship game.

edit- If there is a tie for the prizes in the regular season contest, the winner of the prize is determined by the results in the tournament contest.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I like giving more people the chance to participate in the post season though it might negatively impact some of the BCS schools.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          TaTown Shocker (9) 60
                          I should have only received 8 points this time around.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                          X