Season of the Non BCS team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season of the Non BCS team?

Middle Tennessee, Murray State, Harvard, Creighton, Wichita State, UNLV, San Diego State, Saint Mary's, Gonzaga? It seems like there are more non bcs teams that have a legitimate shot at making some noise this year in the tournament.

Weird though, it seems to me that I am hearing less about possible cinderella's and mid majors than I have in recent seasons. Is this because there are so many good non-bcs teams this year, or because we've had a non bcs team in the Championship game and final four the last two seasons or because I've had too much Nyquil? Seriously though, I'm not reading much about any of these teams as well as they are doing and I'm sort of wondering why?

At some point, if you're the press, you can't help but make eye contact with the 800 pound gorilla in the room. You may not want to, but it will happen.

By the way, what's the difference between the A-10 and the Missouri Valley? They aren't a "Mid Major" and we are?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
      ...what's the difference between the A-10 and the Missouri Valley? They aren't a "Mid Major" and we are?
      The A-10 is on the East Coast and we aren't.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Recent successes of non-BCS teams in the tournament means the media just can't blow them off. The A-10 and Mountain West get love because they repeatedly send more than one team. Something we haven't done since 2007. The MVC will have two teams in this year. Possibly 3 with an upset in St. Louis.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Could they at least change their conference name to the A-14 or the A-10 plus four, or the A formerly 10? That bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
            By the way, what's the difference between the A-10 and the Missouri Valley? They aren't a "Mid Major" and we are?
            When was the last time the A-10 was a 1-bid conference?

When was the last time a Valley team made it to the Elite 8?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The difference is not geographic location the difference is the A-10 is a legitimately better conference than the MVC.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
              X