The NCAA Nitty Gritty Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCAA Nitty Gritty Page

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

This is the link that the NCAA is posting. Shows the Men's basketball Nitty Gritty Sheet (RPI, W/L vs top 50, 50-100, 100-200, top 100) and the team sheets. This is one of the tools the selection committee uses.

Good Find @KraRam:.

I like our Non-Con RPI of 20. We need to pick up more Top 50/100 wins. Wednesday would be good time to start.

Comment

I check Nolan. He only lists a team's record against the top 50. WSU's is 1-3. That's enough to create a reason to exclude. On this page, I noticed that against the top 100, we're 2-3. OUCH! Mid-level BCS programs that mightr be on the bubble are likely to have better records in those areas than WSU unless WSU improves those areas before March.

That puts the UNI game nearly in the "must win" category. I think WSU can afford to lose that game, but a loss there is a missed opportunity and might be the end of the margin of error for the Shox.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I check Nolan. He only lists a team's record against the top 50. WSU's is 1-3. That's enough to create a reason to exclude. On this page, I noticed that against the top 100, we're 2-3. OUCH! Mid-level BCS programs that mightr be on the bubble are likely to have better records in those areas than WSU unless WSU improves those areas before March.

That puts the UNI game nearly in the "must win" category. I think WSU can afford to lose that game, but a loss there is a missed opportunity and might be the end of the margin of error for the Shox.
        I figure we have a couple more games to drop. This is not one of them. Right now UNI is not looking like an upper finisher in the Valley. This will not go down as a good win by the end of the year, but could be a bad loss.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

wichita.JPG

WSU team sheet - WSU body of work to this point is not good enough yet for at-large.

Comment

I check Nolan. He only lists a team's record against the top 50. WSU's is 1-3. That's enough to create a reason to exclude. On this page, I noticed that against the top 100, we're 2-3. OUCH!
            You're listing the games lost twice. Instead of 1-3 Top 50 and 2-3 Top 100, for the sake of accuracy, it should go 1-3 Top 50 and 1-0 51-100.

Comment

As long as we have no bad losses....should be good.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                As long as we have no bad losses....should be good.
                need some more "good wins"

Comment

Here is UNI team sheet. It looks pretty good except for their recent losses. You can see why their RPI is so high and is being propped up - they have a good body of work in around RPI 51-100. If they could pull down 1 or 2 more Top 50 wins and end the semi-bad losses they won't have a bad resume.

uni.JPG

Comment

We need to win at Creighton and at least split with UNI and Misery State. Win all other Valley games, and that would have us at 15-3 with no stinker conference losses as in years past. If we did that, we probably could weather a BB loss and still be in the hunt for an at-large bid, with a DI record of 23-6 going into STL.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

We put down UNI and their gawdy RPI, but come selection sunday we could be SwoMo, and they WSU getting in. Lets take care of business. No 2nd half collapses. And keep hands in thier faces and make them take it at Stutz and Hall and Orukpe.

Comment

I completely dissagree. Tonight would be a bonus in my mind if WSU wins and would improve seeding. A loss and WSU is still comfortably on the correct side of the bubble.

Comment

I think it is worth noting that, at the moment, that entire 1-3 record against the top 50 is actually against the top 25. Included in that reality is that we not only have not had any bad losses, but since all 3 of our losses are to current top 25 RPI teams, it is unlikely that any of those teams won't be in the top 50 by the end of the year.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think we are securely in and the only way we lose that security is to play our way out. I don't see that happening. As far as WSU being in the tournament, I really don't care if the rest of the Valley teams end up 9-9 so long as we take care of business.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                              We need to win at Creighton and at least split with UNI and Misery State. Win all other Valley games, and that would have us at 15-3 with no stinker conference losses as in years past. If we did that, we probably could weather a BB loss and still be in the hunt for an at-large bid, with a DI record of 23-6 going into STL.
                              I think if we go 14-4 in the Valley with a BB loss and one win in St. Louis and we have a great shot. So imo we can lose at CU and split with UNI and Mo. St. Splitting with UNI and Mo. St. actually helps our resume I think. Or sweeping one of those series gives us an extra loss to play with.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X