Lunardi 1/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunardi 1/16

Shocks a 9 Seed, Creighton 4, UNI, MSU next four out.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Ahhh the dreaded 8-9 seed....give me a #10 seed over a 8-9 anyday....unless the #1 seed is KU, then I will take a 8-9.

Comment

I'd rather take 10, 11, 12 over an 8-9
      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

I'll just be happy to get in. We've been once in the last 20 some years. Let's just get the invite.

Comment

I'll take it
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Good point, Dan. The Shocks haven't exactly reached the point where they can be choosers when it comes to seeding. Still -- not that what Lunardi thinks matters, because to the best of my knowledge he has inexplicably been left off the selection committee yet again -- there's one more key step you left out:

1. Get in
            2. Win the first game

At that point is when the seeding really starts to matter, and actually, 11 or 12 is indeed probably best of all (unless, as an astute fellow poster noted, a slightly higher seed would pit the Shocks against KU). But the first two steps matter more.

Comment

I never understand why anyone cares about the seeding process. You have to beat everyone to win the national championship right?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I never understand why anyone cares about the seeding process. You have to beat everyone to win the national championship right?
                Better seeding = Better chance of advancing.

Not that difficult to understand.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                  Ahhh the dreaded 8-9 seed....give me a #10 seed over a 8-9 anyday....unless the #1 seed is KU, then I will take a 8-9.
                  Maybe if we keep winning we can move up to a 7, 6, 5 or even 4 seed!

Comment

Unfortunately, our aspirations are to hang a sweet 16 banner, not a National Championship banner, hence a round 2 match-up against a top 5 or 10 team is not the best possible outcome.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Shocks a 9 Seed, Creighton 4, UNI, MSU next four out.
                      Lunardi calls both MoST's home game against CU this week and UNI's home game against us as must wins for those two teams if they want to remain in at-large consideration.

Comment

For now, I sure would like to have Mississippi's 7-seed in Omaha against Temple for the opportunity to play Missouri as a #2 seed.

Comment

What? Indiana St not listed with the great odom? Oh the travesty.

Comment

I can see Creighton running the table from here. I can also see us doing that also. If something crazy like that happens we both should be in the top 20 and seven seeds or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                              I can see Creighton running the table from here. I can also see us doing that also. If something crazy like that happens we both should be in the top 20 and seven seeds or better.
                              We obviously both will not be running the table from here. CU is probably more likely to do that than he Shocks since they have both their BB game and the remaining game with the Shocks at home and the Shocks have their BB game on the road. It will be very difficult to navigate the MVC mine field without an occasional stumble.

Comment

Working...
                              X