WSU VERSUS INDIANA STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS INDIANA STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME

Here's the deal. Did anybody get the plate number of the truck Rags ran into in practice recently? It is rumored the plates read "Carl Hall." Yikes. Speaking of Carl Hall, it is becoming obvious that with him and Stutz inside, the Shocks have a chance to win our fair shair of games in the Valley if we utilize these MEN inside.

That brings us to the Trees in need of being molded to toothpicks. They will be hungry and surly after their loss to S. Illinois. In our games last Season, they played us close. Odum leads the way and they do have some balanced scoring and I think some folk picked them to land around third in the Valley. What we need in our 2 game series is this--"Whisk, Whisk Whisk" and not this " Clank Clank, Clank." The key to this happening is our inside game of Stutz and Hall, and Hall and Stutz. Establish our inside presence and the rest with fall into place. We play this game on the U and this is the type of games we have to win if we want a Valley Championship.

Carr--77

Bird--72
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

The Shocks will need to be focussed the entire game, and since conference play started (other than Bradley), it remains to be seen if they can.

Shocks - 72
    Trees - 70

Comment

Shocks-81
      Shrubs-68
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

72-68 Shocks.
        Ragland will display a new more explosive cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70's). Late in the game, when the time is right, he will take his defender with a quick stab step, rubber neck juke, explosive cross-over which will leave his man with a severely sprained ankle and a soiled panty. Once free, he will dish to Carl for a monster jam.
        You heard it here first. I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball.
        I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Shockers
          Sycamores

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
            72-68 Shocks.
            Ragland will display a new more explosive cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70's). Late in the game, when the time is right, he will take his defender with a quick stab step, rubber neck juke, explosive cross-over which will leave his man with a severely sprained ankle and a soiled panty. Once free, he will dish to Carl for a monster jam.
            You heard it here first. I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball.

That score of 82-78 sounds familiar with Duke Tshomba coming off the bench to hit a winning shot at the buzzer and scoring 20 plus points. Double Dribble (DD) kept FSF from getting kicked in the grapes (that can be very painful) on the other Board many moons ago. Yikes!!! THE PREACHA PORK-CHOP WAS HAVING ISSUES WITH MY FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER SHOCKER FAN OBSERVATIONS HERE ON SN AND DD HAD TO RESCUE ME OVER ON THE OTHER BOARD. TSK,TSK TSK!!!!!!!

Comment

Stop Odum's dribble drive and I like our chances. The problem is that's sometimes an issue with this team.

Shocks 72
              Trees 67

Comment

WSU 75
                ISU 68

Toure finally breaks out of his slump

Comment

This game originally concerned me. I thought it would be one of 4 road losses for WSU this year, but a lot has happened to change that.

Tree fans re saying that Odum's injury is bothering him a lot more than they expected. I think scouting has hurt Odum's game more than Tree fans expected. Odum is effective, but he's no superstar.

InSU is worse from 3 than the Shox. InSU gives up a higher percentage overall and from three than they shoot. The Shox give up lower percentages than they shoot. InSU has more TO's than assists (205/220). The Shox have more assists than turnovers (256/224). The raw TO numbers are about equal for both teams. The Shox are averaging 3+ more assists per game than the Trees.

InSU is exactly 0 in rebound margin (542/542). The Shox are winning the rebounding battles (671/522). That's a huge stat right there. Shox should get more poessessions and more shots than the Trees. The Shox are better shooting (47.8%) than the Trees (42.8%).

I don't think WSU's front court is going to have problems with Kitchell (6-10, 225 Fr), Mahurin (6'8", 210 So) and Walker (6'8", 250Sr). Walker should be the leader of that group, but he's only getting 8.2 points and 4.2 boards.

InSU goin' down

WSU - 76
                  InSU - 65

The mid-second-half letdown will let the Trees appear to get back into it, but WSU will pull away late, building a modest lead to 11 at the FT line.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Inspired by the number 33 hanging from the rafters the Shocks will hold the Trees to 33% shooting which will lead to 33 Shocker rebounds. David will have 3 threes in front of 33 Shocker fans. We won't win by 33 but only by 3 X 3. Too bad Rich Morsden, Robert Gray, Mike Jones, Ryan Herrs, Jason, Perez, Rob Kampman or Sean Ogirri aren't playing.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

FSF my brutha, you have a great memory!
                      I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
                        FSF my brutha, you have a great memory!
                        Thanks for the kind words. Just don't ask me what I was doing 5 minutes ago baby!!! MUHAHAHA

Comment

ISU needs this one badly.

ISU- 73
                          WSU- 70

Comment

still surprised ISU is 2-4 in the Valley but I think we will be able to win this game if we keep Odom in check

Comment

Originally posted by WSU757 View Post
                              Stop Odum's dribble drive and I like our chances. The problem is that's sometimes an issue with this team.

Shocks 72
                              Trees 67

Please, Please, Please, keep him in front of you!! I get severe nausea..or need a sedative when the Shocks get beat off the dribble consistently. If the guards stay focused on the defensive end:

Men of Straw 78
                              Boys of Wood 73
                              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Working...
                              X