Big games tonight/tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big games tonight/tomorrow

Since we have a couple nights off, why not cheer for some of our non-conf opponents? Lots of big games tonight and tomorrow:

Wednesday games:

UAB (5-9) vs. Marshall (11-4)
    Tulsa (7-9) vs. UTEP (8-8)
    Temple (10-4) vs. St. Louis (13-3)
    Alabama (12-3) vs. LSU (11-4)

Thursday games:

Charleston Southern (10-7) vs Presbyterian (8-8)
    Utah St. (9-7) vs New Mexico (11-5)
    Colorado (11-4) vs California (13-4)

That's 7 quality games- if our opponents can go 4-3, it would be great. Let me know if I missed one.

Temple vs SLU, Bama vs LSU, and Colorado vs Cal will be 3 really fun games to catch.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Illinois State beat Rutgers on a neutral court 76-70 just before Thanksgiving.

Rutgers beeat Pitt 62-39 at Pitt tonight. Pitt at 0-4 in the Big East has really tumbled. This coming off of Rutgers 67-60 home win over UConn.

Too bad Rutgers played three 300+ RPI opponents and three 250+ RPI opponents in their non-conference schedule.

Comment

UAB loses at home to Marshall 59-61

Tulsa wins at home over UTEP 59-48

Alabama wins at home against LSU 69-63

Temple hangs on for a nice road win over a solid St. Louis team 72-67

Pretty good night for Shocker opponents. Too bad UAB could not pull out a win at home.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 11, 2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

39 points at home, that is embarrassing!!! That's 5 straight losses and their next three games coming up are against ranked opponents. Sad thing is that they still have a better shot at getting an at large bid than most Valley teams just because of the conference they play in.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Night ends well- Temple gets a nice road win at St. Louis, 72-67, and Alabama whips LSU 69-53.

Comment

With the wins, Temple's RPI goes to 19, Alabama's to 17, and ours to 30.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
                With the wins, Temple's RPI goes to 19, Alabama's to 17, and ours to 30.
                In another interesting rpi move, UNI is now ahead of Creighton. Creighton drops to #22, UNI is at #21.

And WSU has now moved up to 29, MoST to 54 and Temple to #16 in the Warren Nolan RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                  39 points at home, that is embarrassing!!! That's 5 straight losses and their next three games coming up are against ranked opponents. Sad thing is that they still have a better shot at getting an at large bid than most Valley teams just because of the conference they play in.
                  Not sure how you really meant this, but they have a better chance than most Big East teams as well. As it sits right now, I'd say the Valley has a better shot at getting a 3rd team in than Pitt has of getting in.

Comment

Sweeet. We are actually getting some help from other teams for a change! I think CU and WSU both get at large even if neither win the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      I think CU and WSU both get at large even if neither win the conference tournament.
                      Let's NOT find out.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Round 2 tonight- very interested in the Utah St. and Colorado games- both are on the road and underdogs, Utah St. at +4.5 and Colorado at +12, which seems high. New Mexico St. has an RPI of 78, Cal's is 38.

Comment

Charleston Southern wins 65-58 to start off the night on a good note.

Utah St is currently up 21-19 at NMSU

Comment

I saw this on the Utah State site. NMSU made it up for the students pre-game. While some of ideas/things to do on there seem kind of lame, it still seems like a very good idea. I wonder if we couldn't get something similar to this for our students. We are constantly complaining about our crowd being loud, but the student section being unorganized and kind of weak. This is something that could be done to help unite them with cheers, chants, and things to do during various situations of the game.
                            Attached Files

Comment

USU is going to lose. Go Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                              X