Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Eric Sexton and the WSU athletic department...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Eric Sexton and the WSU athletic department...

What the hell are you guys doing?

What kind of product are you displaying during WSU basketball games?

We've experienced a sh*t show throughout a large portion of the season and in many previous seasons, regarding in-game production of WSU basketball games. And now we can add more embarrassment after the Illinois State game...

Why was the low brass cheer being played when Illinois State was about ready to take a lead from us after we had them by about 20?

Why are the media timeouts absolute torture? The games and gimmicks during that period are beyond brutal and extremely high school-esque. From the moronic kid cars weaving through cones in slow motion to the idiotic dance contest, to the lame and very out-dated dance cam... to the rubberband fling. Seriously, what the hell is going on? About 5 years ago, activities were organized, made sense, and were mostly entertaining, especially at halftime. I've never seen a more poorly run "organization" in my life. It is absolutely 100% embarrassing, especially for a supposedly high-level basketball program who fills 10,000 paying customers night in and night out. Now of course I don't pay to watch these timeout thrills and frills but I actually cringe when they do happen. Nobody should have to actually cringe during the games. I, at least, have to and I'm thinking others have the same general feelings.

With the program back to where it should be, this should be the time to capitalize on a nice production while the fans are filled to the brim and excitement is at all-time highs. Instead, we are continually subjected to the Shocker Basketball Amateur Hour (and no I'm not talking about the team actually on the court playing). From the 3-point and dunk sponsors to constant music malfunctions to singing "jingle bells" at halftime, it MUST STOP. NOW.

Sincerely,
    Shocker Nation
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Deleted . . .
    Last edited by Rixtoy1; January 11, 2012, 07:07 AM. Reason: deleted- on second thought . . .
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

let the kids and fans have their fun...ive been to games in bigger conferences than the Valley and they do a lot of the same things during timeouts. personally I feel as if their is more fan interaction in our games than other schools time out and half time shows

Comment

Fever might be over-reacting, but not by very damn much...............

Comment

Is there anything that matters less than the entertainment during media timeouts and half time? Go get a drink and check your phone like everyone else

Comment

He is not overreacting this is getting ridiculous, we are up one with time running down Murray at the line and they put on " I wanna put on my my my boogie shoes " are u f'n kidding me wtf is that about!
            Last edited by GOSHOX1; January 11, 2012, 01:47 PM.
            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

There are definitely times where these promotions kill the crowd. In a close game, that's not good. They're also boring as hell, for the most part, and I haven't paid much attention to any of it in a long time.

I'm not surprised by anything the do. If we show up next season and have ads on the court I wouldn't be shocked in the least. Or WU will be decked out like some NASCAR driver. This administration will sell anything to make a buck. If it weren't against NCAA regulations, our players would probably end up looking like NASCAR drivers with all the logos they'd have on the UNI. Then it wouldn't matter what color they're wearing.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Statistic board

I like the statistics during time outs that appear on the ad board on the official scorer's table. However, the logos and total score are in the middle and the important stats are on the ends, where the coaches are standing so the fans can't see the score. Since we already know the team's logo and game score, put those on the end and put the new stuff in the middle where it is less obstructed.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Would also like to know what he is doing about Shockervision. A long time subscriber who has now simply given up watching games on Shockervision.
                  It's a good thing that the program is top notch, as ADES's marketing skills is as bland as cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    There are definitely times where these promotions kill the crowd. In a close game, that's not good. They're also boring as hell, for the most part, and I haven't paid much attention to any of it in a long time.

I'm not surprised by anything the do. If we show up next season and have ads on the court I wouldn't be shocked in the least. Or WU will be decked out like some NASCAR driver. This administration will sell anything to make a buck. If it weren't against NCAA regulations, our players would probably end up looking like NASCAR drivers with all the logos they'd have on the UNI. Then it wouldn't matter what color they're wearing.
                    Good idea Sub! Surely someone on Shockernet has the ability to Photoshop Toure’ Murry wearing a NASCAR uniform… he seems to be a fashionable Shocker. Last night he was sporting yellow Nike socks. Special notice… not sure it’s been mentioned; we were wearing WHITE uniforms last night.

I can vision the endless promo options with ‘Shocker NASCAR Night’.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      I like the statistics during time outs that appear on the ad board on the official scorer's table. However, the logos and total score are in the middle and the important stats are on the ends, where the coaches are standing so the fans can't see the score. Since we already know the team's logo and game score, put those on the end and put the new stuff in the middle where it is less obstructed.
                      As someone who sits on the side of the arena BEHIND the scorer's table I wasn't even aware they posted stats on there. It would be nice if they put these on the big board during timeouts. All we ever get to see are the halftime stats.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker82 View Post
                        As someone who sits on the side of the arena BEHIND the scorer's table I wasn't even aware they posted stats on there. It would be nice if they put these on the big board during timeouts. All we ever get to see are the halftime stats.
                        And very abbreviated ones at that. No turnovers, etc.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by shocker82 View Post
                          This right here. I sit next to the student section and had no idea. I'd LOVE to see stats during the game
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I do agree with Fever in the sense that the in game production is run by children. With audio malfunctions and certain songs being played at just terrible times. It's getting bad. I won't complain about time outs tho. What else can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              What else can you do?
                              Let the band play?
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X