BRADLEY TICKET STUB BONUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRADLEY TICKET STUB BONUS

This information has been posted on the Women's forum. However, I'm not sure how many of those that frequent this forum ever venture over to the Women's forum so I beg your pardon for duplicating the information here, but I think it is worthwhile.

As announced on Jody Adams' radio show last night, and I did confirm this with the ticket office, you can exchange your ticket stub from the Men's Bradley game this Friday for a general admission ticket to the Lady Shockers vs Lady Bears game which is Saturday at 2:00 pm.

I do have a comment and a request:

Comment: There are not very many reserved seating sections at the Women's game so you can get a great seat with a general admission ticket.

Request: For those folks that are not willing or able to support the Lady Shocks on Saturday please try to find someone who might like to use your ticket stub to go to this game. This game is rarified air for the Lady Shocks so I can't predict how well the Ladies will play but they are really playing very hard and very unselfishly in their current 7 game win streak.

I think they DESERVE and have EARNED our support - at least for one very important game.

:poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 10, 2012, 04:51 PM.

The only game I've been to this year was the LSU game...It was nothing like the women's games I've been to over the last 10 years or so (which were very few and far between). It was actually fun to watch and found myself and my kids cheering as much as at a men's game. Not sure if my wife can handle that much basketball in a week, but we'll likely be there. MSU is the odds on favorite to win the Valley, this is going to be a big game if we want a shot at it.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      MSU is the odds on favorite to win the Valley, this is going to be a big game if we want a shot at it.
      Right on @martymoose: and I can assure you the Lady Shocks definitely want a shot at it (something no previous Lady Shocker team has accomplished). In fact, my biggest concern is the Lady Shocks may be too amped up come game time.

Comment

Good looking out. I tweeted out the info as well.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I e-mailed the AD's office to encourage them to promote this deal adequately. From the response I received sounds like they were way ahead of me (details on the Women's Forum). If you do decide to go you might want to give yourself a little extra time. I could be wrong but I think we may have a nice turn out.

Comment

I remember a WSU womens game I think around 1999 in which there were 10,666 in attendance. WSU was playing SWOMO back when Jackie Stiles played for the Bears and the roundhouse was packed and rocking.

It was the only time I ever remember it being like that for a womens basketball game.

Comment

Hopefully, the Shocker men will bless the Bradley ticket stubs and leave Koch Arena in a state of positive karma by playeing 40 minutes of good basketball and hammering the Braves on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                I remember a WSU womens game I think around 1999 in which there were 10,666 in attendance. WSU was playing SWOMO back when Jackie Stiles played for the Bears and the roundhouse was packed and rocking.

It was the only time I ever remember it being like that for a womens basketball game.
                Yeah, I was there for that in the front row of the student section. That was the only other fun Women's game I can remember. Hopefully another Saturday....

Comment

I have been to a lot of fun WSU women's games. OTOH I have also been to many, many stinkers.

That said right now this team is playing a style that I really enjoy. Hopefully, they can continue that on a consistent basis.

Comment

The one big challenge for Women's programs is can they develop and sustain large crowds for two sports. No knock on Hargrove, but Coach Smith (and the timing of the Stiles games) brought WSU women's basketball to fan relevance in his first two seasons here. Fan support was up and there was interest in women's basketball. At the same time, Coach Lamb was building a new WSU tradition. It didn't hurt the volleyball program that basketball was quickly faultering, particularly with Smith's "problems" and then Albright's dagger.

Now, for the first time, we have two successful major women's sports. How far can WSU fandom reasonably stretch to strongly support both of these programs and men's basketball and baseball? Unfortunately, for women's basketball, it's on the bottom of the totem pole and will probably have to prove its worth to have WSU fans to be willing to give more of their time to another sport. Coach Adams and these young women can get it done, we'll just have to see how fast those fans will show up and in what number on a regular basis.

Comment

Supporting women's sports is cheap. A season ticket will set you back $60 bucks. The bigger issue may be time. The Volleyball progam competes with high school and college football but not other Shocker sports. Getting to both the Men and Women's basketball games is an issue. However, I consider every dollar I spend on the Women's programs is a dollar the Men's Basketball program does not have to subsidize. So really I am supporting Men's Basketball by supporting the Shocker women. I maybe a little odd also in that I actually enjoy watching the Ladies compete.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Supporting women's sports is cheap. A season ticket will set you back $60 bucks. The bigger issue may be time. The Volleyball progam competes with high school and college football but not other Shocker sports. Getting to both the Men and Women's basketball games is an issue. However, I consider every dollar I spend on the Women's programs is a dollar the Men's Basketball program does not have to subsidize. So really I am supporting Men's Basketball by supporting the Shocker women. I maybe a little odd also in that I actually enjoy watching the Ladies compete.
                        I agree. My post had nothing to do with $s, but time alotted that would take away from any kind of other activity, entertainment, or relaxation.

Comment

I'm away so much as it is during the winter with officiating and Men's Basketball that it's hard to justify too much more. With school now being in the mix, it's hard to justify any of it. Men's or Women's...
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I e-mailed the AD's office to encourage them to promote this deal adequately. From the response I received sounds like they were way ahead of me (details on the Women's Forum). If you do decide to go you might want to give yourself a little extra time. I could be wrong but I think we may have a nice turn out.
                            Just saw a commercial on TV metioning free entry with men's ticket. Also doing their package of $32 for 4 tickets, drinks, hotdogs and popcorn I think.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                              Just saw a commercial on TV metioning free entry with men's ticket. Also doing their package of $32 for 4 tickets, drinks, hotdogs and popcorn I think.
                              I saw one too. It looks like they are really trying to promote this event.

Comment

Working...
                              X