shockervision and kansas22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shockervision and kansas22

So, since kansas 22 is broadcasting the game in ULD, that means that shockervision does not carry the game?

Alternatives for us out of town shocker faithful?

Turn the tv to an empty channel...the picture quality should be comparable.

Other than that, the only option i've seen is to listen on shockerradio.com or find someone with a slingplayer

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
      So, since kansas 22 is broadcasting the game in ULD, that means that shockervision does not carry the game?

Alternatives for us out of town shocker faithful?
      Find a friend of yours in Wichita that has a Slingbox and see if you can borrow their account.

Comment

Last season there was someone who put just about every WSU game on the web. Is that not happening this year? It really does suck that there are zero options for those who live outside of Kansas to view the game. Really piss poor marketing.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Last season there was someone who put just about every WSU game on the web. Is that not happening this year? It really does suck that there are zero options for those who live outside of Kansas to view the game. Really piss poor marketing.
          Really piss poor that the only option for people IN Kansas is to get Cox Cable. It's sad that us satellite customers are forced to either switch, or enjoy it on the radio. I refuse to get Cox.

Comment

Surprisingly, I wish we were like Bradley and had our games broadcast over public television. If it were on KPTS, everyone at least in Wichita could view it. Not sure how far the KPTS signal reaches throughout the state. That still doesn't solve the problem of our OP being out of the state and not being able to see it.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I think ShockerVision should still be an option when the game is only broadcast locally since out of staters simply can't get it. It's different if ESPN or Fox is showing the game.

How long is the contract with Cox? The games should be broadcast on NBC/CBS/ABC/Fox/CW/WhateverTheOtherChannelIs. And even then, I think it should be made available online for those not in the viewing area at least.

And get the games out of ULD
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I think ShockerVision should still be an option when the game is only broadcast locally since out of staters simply can't get it. It's different if ESPN or Fox is showing the game.
                The ILLSt game shows up on the Shockervision schedule. I think that when the game is a national broadcast Shockervision does not have rights.

Comment

It wasnt on the schedule last week. It appears as if shockervision has added a few games

Comment

I know if it's national it's not on SV. The OP seemed to say it wasn't available on SV tonight. I'll be there so I wasn't concerned and didn't look it up.

Suppose the out of towners should check before venting on here? I have zero need for SV.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I know if it's national it's not on SV. The OP seemed to say it wasn't available on SV tonight. I'll be there so I wasn't concerned and didn't look it up.

Suppose the out of towners should check before venting on here? I have zero need for SV.
                      The out of towner did check. Neither of those games was listed when I posted the question. Perhaps someone jst had not updated, or perhaps shockervision heard the cries of the oppressed :)

Comment

Fair enough. I'm not sure why SV has such issues like this. It should be pretty obvious which games will be available and which ones won't for them. I would think anyway. Unless someone like ESPN swooped in at the last minute to take the game national. Had someone just marked any televised game as unavailable? Did it take a thread like this to open their eyes to the stupidity of preventing people from watching the game?

I'll still take my seats at The Roundhouse over the ULD broadcast on 22. Heck, the stream on SV may be a better quality that 22
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Fair enough. I'm not sure why SV has such issues like this. It should be pretty obvious which games will be available and which ones won't for them. I would think anyway. Unless someone like ESPN swooped in at the last minute to take the game national. Had someone just marked any televised game as unavailable? Did it take a thread like this to open their eyes to the stupidity of preventing people from watching the game?

I'll still take my seats at The Roundhouse over the ULD broadcast on 22. Heck, the stream on SV may be a better quality that 22
                          The stream quality has improved greatly and I would definitely take it over ULD. Also don't have to sync up radio to TV to get Kennedy instead of Harry and Lloyd.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            The stream quality has improved greatly and I would definitely take it over ULD. Also don't have to sync up radio to TV to get Kennedy instead of Harry and Lloyd.
                            Good point. Definitely a bonus to get Kennedy over the other two stooges.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                              Really piss poor that the only option for people IN Kansas is to get Cox Cable. It's sad that us satellite customers are forced to either switch, or enjoy it on the radio. I refuse to get Cox.
                              Yep, Cox sucks Cox!
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X