No announcement yet.

Shox -v-Aces in-game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evansville would be better off only shooting 3s. 53% from 3, 40% from the inside. That's like 79% from 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I think Ryan had 31.
      Of coouurse he did. "Hey Wichita State is coming, I think I'll just shoot one under my career high so that 10,000 fans back in ICT can all croak of a heart attack.". Eville indeed.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Referees tonight:
        Joe DeRosa, Don Daily, Terry Oglesby

Comment

• Did you hear HCGM say after the game that he would like to sit down with Marty Simmons and pick his brain about his motion offense? Might not hurt.
          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• We dodged the Colt's bullets, then again the invisible foul at the end of a game on us, a missed throw which rarely happens for us, and the clock actually started again after he missed which is not always the case, and the result was we gained a su-weet road victory!!!!!!! Give me ugly--and I don't give a ripvanwinkleinhislittlebrownjug--as long as we win.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Is anyone else amazed that Stutz didn't get and and ones? I thought he was absolutely hammered on about three or four of his makes.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                I don't give a damn about how bad we played tonight or about how well SIU is playing of late. We have no business losing to those clowns whatsoever. Particularly in light of them losing to a varsity high school program or whatever they are. I'm looking forward in doing our part in help seeing CL out the door.
                No doubt about it.

Colt Ryan is a cute little player but where was he at against Tennessee Tech or at Illinois-Chicago? Evansville is the definition of a scrub team that gets up for playing good teams in conference play. It has happened for the last 10 years down there. It has cost one bid for the conference and at least 2 or 3 seed lines for an NCAA team in 2010. I'm sure it's happened at other times as well.

As far as the game goes, I don't see how anybody has a defense for TM anymore. I could make a list from here to LA on what was done negatively for the team and in the game. Where are all the members of the TM Fan Club? He honestly shouldn't see more than 10 minutes in Carbondale. For all of those who like to back his defense when his offense sucks, he let his man several times waste him by for uncontested shots. Absolutely horrible.

Thank you Garrett Stutz for bringing it. This was a team you should have ate away and did. Props to Fifi v 2.0. Everybody else had decent to poor games. Hall brought it again and was fouled on 2 specific occasions but didn't get the whistle. Williams looked good at times and of course out-of-control at others. Ragland needs to get his head out of his ***. I thought for sure he was in for a breakout year and be a bigtime team leader. We absolutely need him to clean his act up or we're in for a 5th place finish for sure.

The coaching well, I'll just take a breath for a bit..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I bet the Colt can catch bullets in his teeth--however, there was no stoppin Mr. Stutz our Clutch tonight and he stayed out of foul-trouble!!!!!!!

Comment

• A win on the road is a win on the road. But what a strange game, it seemed like we controlled the game, but yet it comes down to a free throw.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Did anyone else fear that the last rebound was going to go off Carl and Garrett's hands and back through the basket. I was like the the kid from A Christmas Story......ohhhhhh fuuuu..........dge!
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        I bet the Colt can catch bullets in his teeth--however, there was no stoppin Mr. Stutz our Clutch tonight and he stayed out of foul-trouble!!!!!!!
                        No kiddin'! I think I'm gonna crack a can of Stutz and call it a night.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          As far as the game goes, I don't see how anybody has a defense for TM anymore. I could make a list from here to LA on what was done negatively for the team and in the game. Where are all the members of the TM Fan Club? He honestly shouldn't see more than 10 minutes in Carbondale. For all of those who like to back his defense when his offense sucks, he let his man several times waste him by for uncontested shots. Absolutely horrible.
                          TM has been one of our better players over his entire career but the last few games he has really struggled on both sides of the ball. Seems to be forcing it on offense and turning it over way more than acceptable. the defense which is usually great has also seemed just a little too aggressive at times which leads to wide open baskets. i have confidence that it will get better, but hopefully sooner rather than later as he is a critical piece for this squad to make a run in the valley and ncaa's.

Comment

• These kind of games are hard on my heart. Whew! Stutz played a great game. He showed a lot of leadership tonight too.

Comment

• Maybe we just need to shoot more 3's and knock off the inside work of Hall and Stutz? I keed!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Did anyone else fear that the last rebound was going to go off Carl and Garrett's hands and back through the basket. I was like the the kid from A Christmas Story......ohhhhhh fuuuu..........dge!
                                I feared that Murray was going to dep-ants colt ryan regardless of whether he had the ball or not

Comment

Working...
                                X