• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy Robert is a Shocker

Remy Robert II.JPG

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/remyprobert

Comment

WSU walk-on Remy Robert II hopes to create an impact at the Division-I level - WSU Sunflower

Sean Marty, Sports Reporter
      July 10, 2020

https://thesunflower.com/51605/sport...ision-i-level/

"Wichita State added another walk-on player to its 2020-21 roster last weekend. Remy Robert II, an incoming junior, committed to WSU and will become the school’s newest non-scholarship player, alongside walk-ons Brycen Bush and Jacob Herrs. Being able to join the Shockers was an opportunity Robert simply couldn’t pass up, he said.

“I like what Coach Marshall does and having an opportunity to be on the team and stuff like that fulfills a goal of mine to play Division-I basketball that I’ve always had,” Robert said. “I just feel like it’s the right move for me.” In the first two seasons of his collegiate career, Robert played at the junior college level at the State College of Florida. This past season, Robert averaged 3.8 points while shooting 33.6% from the field....

Robert II said his prior relationship with Dennis was a key factor in his decision to commit to WSU. “Obviously it was a big factor,” Robert said. “Someone to work out with when I’m down here and stuff like that. Someone that’s a really good friend to me. I would say that he’s helped me out a lot throughout this decision.”

The Louisiana native said he hopes he will be able to assist WSU as a selfless player. “It’s not going to be anything selfish but it’s going to be to come in and help whatever it is my job to do,” Robert said. “That’s what I’m going to try to do.”

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Robert II said his prior relationship with Dennis was a key factor in his decision to commit to WSU. “Obviously it was a big factor,” Robert said. “Someone to work out with when I’m down here and stuff like that. Someone that’s a really good friend to me. I would say that he’s helped me out a lot throughout this decision.”
        While not officially announced yet ... can't see any way that Dexter isn't back next year .... especially after that quote ...

Comment

Working...
        X