Fridge Holman coming back to take classes and hopefully coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge Holman coming back to take classes and hopefully coach

Fridge has been coaching ball up in NY if I recall. He was with And1 for a bit prior to that as well. He's coming back to take around 5 classes and hopes to get on the coaching staff. I'm chatting with him a bit, I'll drop more info when I get it from him.

I love when ex players come back and work on coaching and getting involved with the program.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

That's pretty cool. If he's been doing some coaching up in NY, he has connections. Wouldn't mind getting in with a few more guys from up there. They bring a little swagger with them and a toghness unlike many others.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Makes sense. Won't this be the last year for our current grad assistant?

Comment

I think he would definitely be able to recruit New York well, especially with his street ball connections with him being on the And1 tour and all that. But I'm not sure about the GA situation at WSU, but he did tell me that he's been in contact with all of his other coaches, Turg, Boyle, etc. and that they would try and help with his coaching career but he has to get 5 classes done before he can start on that. He did tell me that working with Coach Marshall and being back at WSU would be "perfect" in his exact words.

Fridge was always one of my favorite players, I'm pretty stoked about this news. I really hope things work out for him and he can end up at WSU.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I still remember Fridge returning early from injury on, I believe, Valentine's Day 2003 to beat #12 Creighton and Kyle Korver at the Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I still remember Fridge returning early from injury on, I believe, Valentine's Day 2003 to beat #12 Creighton and Kyle Korver at the Coliseum.
            That was a great night. I remember Craig throwing the ball as time ran out. Good times.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              That was a great night. I remember Craig throwing the ball as time ran out. Good times.
              For some reason, I remember this as an afternoon game. I do remember that Aaron Hogg had 27 points, or something very close to that, and that Korver missed an important free throw at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
                For some reason, I remember this as an afternoon game. I do remember that Aaron Hogg had 27 points, or something very close to that, and that Korver missed an important free throw at the end.
                It was an afternoon game and Korver cried after the game about Jamar flopping (which he probably did).

Comment

I was just thinking about Jamar the other day. Anyone know where he is?

Comment

What's Fridge's real name?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      What's Fridge's real name?
                      Jerome

Comment

He can give good advice like, "don't throw your headband and get a T"
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I remember when loyal Shocker fans voted 30,000+ times to get Fridge on the And1 team! I guess he's coming back to repay us. :)

Comment

Yeah, Fridge had that extra year at juco getting his degree...that and the injury that ended his redshirt junior season really shortened his time at WSU. None the less, the guy could flat pass! If we would have had anyone on the interior that could catch the ball he would have had 10+ assists every game. I believe Holman's only year at WSU was with fifi Miller, the cuddely giant. He didn't get to play with PAUL.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Big fan of Fridge. He gets a ton of slack for tossing the headband, but nobody recognizes that the game was effectively over. The guy was an absolute assist machine. With more time and a two guard with size he would have been unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                              X