So when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when?

the big12 is letting athletes back July 6. When will shockers be on campus?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/sm...ans-in-stands/

Probably going to be up to the individual schools.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/sm...ans-in-stands/

Probably going to be up to the individual schools.
      Thanks for the link.

Comment

Probably won't be any decisions made for a few weeks. With Sedgwick County removing all restrictions on distance, capacity limits, etc. it's probably best to wait until about the third week of June to get a read on how active the virus is here.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Update from Kansas.com:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...243235976.html

Another pressing question for WSU is when basketball players will be able to compete in organized team activities. Almost every basketball player is still in their hometown awaiting official word from the NCAA on when they can return for workouts with their coaching staff.

Boatright said it’s still unclear on when that might happen, but the prevailing hope around the American Athletic Conference is that summer access for coaches would begin sometime in July.

Comment

I think we had some word from Aresco in that article on the moving that he was more or less leaving that up to the Unis since we have such a large footprint.

Comment

Whenever it occurs, I'm sure all the players will be tested. There were at least 5 Alabama football players that tested positive for coronavirus after returning for limited workouts.

Alabama football: At least five players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Whenever it occurs, I'm sure all the players will be tested. There were at least 5 Alabama football players that tested positive for coronavirus after returning for limited workouts.

Alabama football: At least five players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus
                wonder which team will be the first to purposely infect all of their players during the summer so they can ensure they wont miss any games due to it during the year ....

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

wonder which team will be the first to purposely infect all of their players during the summer so they can ensure they wont miss any games due to it during the year ....
                  Great idea if all of them end up asymptomatic and develop immune antibodies. Really bad idea if even one gets lung, heart, kidney damage, or blood clots in his brain from the exposure. Those are fairly rare among younger people, but the possibility exists.

I wouldn't want the potential liability for an athletic department if I were involved in any decision-making for that athletic deparment
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Great idea if all of them end up asymptomatic and develop immune antibodies. Really bad idea if even one gets lung, heart, kidney damage, or blood clots in his brain from the exposure. Those are fairly rare among younger people, but the possibility exists.

I wouldn't want the potential liability for an athletic department if I were involved in any decision-making for that athletic deparment
                    I never said it was a good idea. Just an idea I see some football crazy school thinking up.

Comment

Working...
                    X