2020-21 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Roster

It appears that the roster is set unless Dennis doesn’t return. Once again HCGM has a roster full of players that can be effective at multiple positions. Here’s a preliminary and surface level look at how the breakdown might turn out:

PG:
    Alterique Gilbert, Craig Porter, Trevin Wade

SG:
    Tyson Etienne, Chaunce Jenkins, (Ricky Council IV, Craig Porter)

SF:
    Dexter Dennis, Ricky Council IV, (Clarence Jackson, Chaunce Jenkins, Jayden Seymour)

PF:
    Trey Wade, Clarence Jackson, Jayden Seymour, (Josephat Bilau)

C:
    Morris Udeze, Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, Josphat Bilau

I think Jackson plays the 4 behind Wade and that Porter may have a bunch of time at the 2.
    Livin the dream

JB may be the number 2 four man behind TW. He will play 12-15 min a game between the 4 and the 5 positions.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
      JB may be the number 2 four man behind TW. He will play 12-15 min a game between the 4 and the 5 positions.
      Where does All-American Clarence Jackson play?
      Livin the dream

Comment

That’s a lot of talent on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          That’s a lot of talent on paper.
          #highmajorproblems
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

#highmajorproblems
            Code for #keepshaving

Comment

Where does All-American Clarence Jackson play?
              Behind Dennis

Jackson is 6'6". Bilau is 6'10". Which front line would you rather see - 6'8", 6'6", 6'5" or 6'8", 6'10", 6'5"? The 6'10" guy may have similar mobility to the 6'6" guy. The 6'6" guy is probably a more polished player. The 6'10" guy has a year in the system and is a Fr.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Code for #keepshaving
                Maybe but I like the attitudes (at least on paper) from these kids. Seems different. Plus the main cancer cell is gone and we're in remission.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Plus the main cancer cell is gone and we're in remission.
                  I'm telling ya...the young man just couldn't see...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Behind Dennis

Jackson is 6'6". Bilau is 6'10". Which front line would you rather see - 6'8", 6'6", 6'5" or 6'8", 6'10", 6'5"? The 6'10" guy may have similar mobility to the 6'6" guy. The 6'6" guy is probably a more polished player. The 6'10" guy has a year in the system and is a Fr.
                    I’m all for a tall mobile front line. It would be great if Bilau is able to play 20 mpg at the 4 as a freshman. I don’t think Bilau will be taking Wade’s spot in the starting line-up though, so probably still going to be starting a 6-6 PF. It’s much more likely that Bilau will be a crucial cog at the 5. If you move him to the 4 to rotate with Wade because he’s just that good, you are left with two centers, and four small forwards. Maybe that’s what happens
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I think for the most part, we'll go 6'8", 6'6", 6'5" across the front line, but I think Bilau will get minutes ahead of Jackson at PF.

With 13 guys on the roster, 3 of them are going to be the end of the bench. I don't think Bilau will be in that group.

Just an absolute guess with no basis on anything, but I think Bilau will be in the 15 minute range with time split between the 4 and the 5. If he gets more minutes than that, those minutes are likely to come from the 5 spot.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I would look at the freshmen class for "end of bench" possibilities - maybe even IPBC unless he's had a change of work ethic

Comment

I would look at the freshmen class for "end of bench" possibilities - maybe even IPBC unless he's had a change of work ethic
                          I believe IPBC's playing time increased to at, or above, Mo's over the last of the part of the season.

Comment

If Jackson isn’t playing PF, then he will be backing up Dennis at the 3. Wouldn’t be surprised to see ~ 45 mpg split evenly between the three bigs. Wade and Jackson with 20 minutes each. 25 for Dennis at the 3 and 25 for Etienne at the 2. Gilbert with 30 at the point. 35ish minutes left over with one of our JUCO PG getting significant minutes. Room for one freshman wing to get minutes.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

If Jackson isn’t playing PF, then he will be backing up Dennis at the 3. Wouldn’t be surprised to see ~ 45 mpg split evenly between the three bigs. Wade and Jackson with 20 minutes each. 25 for Dennis at the 3 and 25 for Etienne at the 2. Gilbert with 30 at the point. 35ish minutes left over with one of our JUCO PG getting significant minutes. Room for one freshman wing to get minutes.
                              HCGM seldom plays someone 30 minutes unless he simply has to. I would think that at least 1 of the 2 JUCO PGs will pick the system up quickly. Remember, one of those 2 will be the starting PG the next year and Coach may not want to push Gilbert's minutes to hard due to his history of injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X