Josaphat Bilau: A Box of Surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm assuming that would be Kevin Durant.
    WSU had a 6'10" French freshman that could be compared to Kevin Durant by late in the season? ... or just showed the potential to be a Kevin Durant. Thought Marshall's original plan was to red shirt him because of the logjam at center and give him a year to develop in the WSU system. Think it was wise not to "throw him to the wolves" late despite the potential.
    Last edited by N Crestway; May 29, 2020, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by California Shocker View Post

What was the injury last year Coach Marshall refers to?
      He was really banged up at one point. Seems like it was a shoulder injury and then maybe a foot injury, but that’s like every big man we have so I could be misremembering.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Taylor never specifically identified the injury in the interview that I can remember.

Comment

All I know if he reported to WSU over the summer and was banged up then sustained another injury. He was fighting through some injuries at Shocker madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            All I know if he reported to WSU over the summer and was banged up then sustained another injury. He was fighting through some injuries at Shocker madness.
            Even more encouraging to me if he can stay healthy because I liked what from him at Shocker Madness and the exhibition game. High motor going after rebounds and incredibly mobile on defense.

Comment

Possibly a debilitating migraine from listening to a couple of teammates repeatedly squawking about themselves.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Possibly a debilitating migraine from listening to a couple of teammates repeatedly squawking about themselves.
                lol
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If Bilau can adapt his skillset and athleticism into game situations, he could be a matchup nightmare and a high NBA draft pick. We've seen nothing of his ability to catch the ball or pass the ball, which was Orukpe's downfall. Bilau has more offensive skills than Orukpe.

Opponents attacking the rim against against Orukpe was about the equivalent of a turnover. Passing the ball to Orukpe on offense was about the equivalent of a turnover. If Bilau has soft hands and the knowledge of when to attack and when to pass to a teammate, I don't think we will get 4 years out of him. We haven't seen anything so far that indicates he has those abilities in game situations.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    If Bilau can adapt his skillset and athleticism into game situations, he could be a matchup nightmare and a high NBA draft pick. We've seen nothing of his ability to catch the ball or pass the ball, which was Orukpe's downfall. Bilau has more offensive skills than Orukpe.

Opponents attacking the rim against against Orukpe was about the equivalent of a turnover. Passing the ball to Orukpe on offense was about the equivalent of a turnover. If Bilau has soft hands and the knowledge of when to attack and when to pass to a teammate, I don't think we will get 4 years out of him. We haven't seen anything so far that indicates he has those abilities in game situations.
                    He’s a big ball of potential.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

He’s a big ball of potential.
                      He may...and although I have optimism...I have my doubts. GM for all is greatness has not yet developed a league big unfortunately. Kind of his achillis heal if you will. Who knows...maybe this project will.

GO SHOCKS!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

IMO, Jamie was as good as any big last year in our league and Shaq was a very effective big in the AAC a couple of years ago. I think that most of the criticisms last year was that we weren't and have never, recruiting a Freshman big, ready to come in right away and be a factor, which, to be honest, most teams in our conference don't recruit bigs ready to be a factor.

Comment

My biggest concern for JB is the mental part of the game. Knowing where to be, making the right pass, etc. if he can figure that out and let his natural instincts stay intact, he’ll be very good.

Comment

The athleticism and skill are there in a long and strong package! That combo doesn’t usually reach its ceiling, but when it does, it’s frightening!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I noticed on some of the games I went to he would take the last shot at the end of the shoot arounds. Very long 3s. Most went in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
                                I noticed on some of the games I went to he would take the last shot at the end of the shoot arounds. Very long 3s. Most went in.
                                Noticed the same thing several times.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X