No announcement yet.

College Basketball, Fall 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are no non-conference games to be played...how will all the metrics work??? Seems we may not get another Selection Sunday. No metrics...no seeding. Unless of course they just wanna do their dream Final Four and just pick Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina and a Big East school.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Ivy League just announced no sports until after Jan 1. All Fall sports full cancelled, Winter will be updated later.

wow

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        If there are no non-conference games to be played...how will all the metrics work??? Seems we may not get another Selection Sunday. No metrics...no seeding. Unless of course they just wanna do their dream Final Four and just pick Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina and a Big East school.
        UConn

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Ivy League just announced no sports until after Jan 1. All Fall sports full cancelled, Winter will be updated later.
          I don't expect any college sports this school year. Winter we will be in full flue season + Covid second wave unless a vaccine miraculously comes available.

Comment

Let me start this off by saying I think we couldn't have come up with a worse response to this virus if we had laid out plans for how to have the least likely successful response.

I think we will have a basketball season. I think we will have an abbreviated football season. Probably an abbreviated basketball season.

We're going to have to do a lot better at containing the virus for that to occur, but I think we may be getting to the point where people realize we either do EVERYTHING possible to prevent the spread or there won't be athletic seasons until we have a vaccine and enough people willing to take the vaccine.

Texas, Arizona, and Florida are getting hit really hard. 30-some states are seeing increased infection rates. If that continues we don't have sports in empty venues. If we can reverse our infection trend we can have sports.

Everything I'm seeing from the scientific and medical communities is that if we can get 80% of the population to wear masks and follow the other mitigation recommendations, by November we could put 10,000 people in CKA with minimal risks of creating a hot spot.

It can be done. We just need the will, the resolve, and the responsibility to make it happen.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Death rates are down everywhere and the MSM is exaggerating everything. Open schools and play ball !

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Death rates are down everywhere and the MSM is exaggerating everything. Open schools and play
                I hope you are correct, just show me the facts.

Comment

Comment

Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports. Will evaluate again around the first of the year.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How about an NCAA tournament where all (or even top half) of every conference gets in? Ok, Ok, all the Big 12 teams can get in as a special exemption because they are so good. That would be, what? a couple more games to get damn near every team in the tourney? And with no fans, how hard could it be?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports. Will evaluate again around the first of the year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ing-in-spring/
                        You should try reading threads also.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            ACC expected to do the same.

Big 12 said No to it so far lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              How about an NCAA tournament where all (or even top half) of every conference gets in? Ok, Ok, all the Big 12 teams can get in as a special exemption because they are so good. That would be, what? a couple more games to get damn near every team in the tourney? And with no fans, how hard could it be?
                              Yeah probably no tournaments.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

It will be what it will and it is too far to worry about the tournament (for me).

Comment

Working...
                                X