No announcement yet.

College Basketball, Fall 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL will happen. College basketball will happen in the fall. College football will happen in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      NFL will happen. College basketball will happen in the fall. College football will happen in the fall.
      I feel pretty comfortable with NFL and College Football Happening. WAY too much TV money at stake. Even if it's empty/half empty stadiums.

I'm not as sold on the Fall College basketball. With it going into Winter, schools releasing at Thanksgiving, and not nearly the TV money impact .. I could see that getting delayed/axed. I bet they find a way to keep March Madness though.

Comment

A lot depends on how MLB gets along

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          A lot depends on how MLB gets along
          And NBA as well.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
            @tayloreldridge
            ยท
            1h
            Seems like this is a growing possibility for the upcoming college basketball season. Would likely mean no non-conference play with Wichita State playing just an 18-game schedule against AAC opponents after the new year.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
              @tayloreldridge
              ยท
              1h
              Seems like this is a growing possibility for the upcoming college basketball season. Would likely mean no non-conference play with Wichita State playing just an 18-game schedule against AAC opponents after the new year.
              As someone might have pointed out (can't remember), the biggest issue is how would they choose the at large teams for March Madness? Would be tough without a non con schedule.

Comment

As someone might have pointed out (can't remember), the biggest issue is how would they choose the at large teams for March Madness? Would be tough without a non con schedule.
                Actually makes it easier for the selection committee. I mean look how good the Big 12 schedule will be. Much easier to justify letting them all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Actually makes it easier for the selection committee. I mean look how good the Big 12 schedule will be. Much easier to justify letting them all in.
                  Exactly my point and my fear.

Comment

The Ivy League as the first to cancel spring sports right before the AAC tournament, and I posted here that they were overreacting. They were not.

Two days later the NCAA tournament was cancelled.

Comment

That's easy. Just choose at large teams by the name on their uniform.

Comment

Do it old school, just for this season. Conference champs only.

Have a separate NIT tournament with only 16 teams. Probably would be an all b10 and acc field, thinking about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Do it old school, just for this season. Conference champs only.

Have a separate NIT tournament with only 16 teams. Probably would be an all b10 and acc field, thinking about it now.
                          Or, they could include conference regular season and tourney champs (if different from regular season).

Comment

Seems like they could still do tournaments like B4A and Maui Invitational, since those are controlled environments for all teams.

They will likely be cancelled though, just like everything (and everyone) in 2020.
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Seems like they could still do tournaments like B4A and Maui Invitational, since those are controlled environments for all teams.

They will likely be cancelled though, just like everything (and everyone) in 2020.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
                                @tayloreldridge
                                ยท
                                1h
                                This will particularly hard on WSU due to having so many new players. With a non-con, we'd be much better prepared for the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X