College Basketball, Fall 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Notre Dame just did something similar. But they are saying no classes at all after thanksgiving. It's fairly obvious they are trying to do what they can to save football, but might be at the expense of basketball this year.
    So the semester ends early why can’t basketball continue just like it does when the semester ends in December?

Comment

If I had a choice between College Football and College Basketball, I'd choose the latter every day of the year. I am really really hoping there is some way to get a return of college basketball, even if it is only to the TV/Internet streaming platforms in front of fractions of live crowds. Move basketball to FALL or SPRING if you have to, but let's find a way to get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post

So the semester ends early why can’t basketball continue just like it does when the semester ends in December?
        I guess it comes down to if they allow students to stay on campus. Normal Christmas break students are allowed to stay on campus of they want. If they force students to go home, it's different

Comment

Several other schools following that model, including Purdue and Creighton.

Comment

Comment

I noticed this - "required summer athletics activities". That would indicate that voluntary, as opposed to required, activities can take place now?

It seems that a player like Bilau, who would have had restrictions on going home to France during the pandemic, could have been working out through all of the CV restrictions. There weren't going to be many other people on the court if he was on campus and working out.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                It seems that a player like Bilau, who would have had restrictions on going home to France during the pandemic, could have been working out through all of the CV restrictions. There weren't going to be many other people on the court if he was on campus and working out.
                There are plenty of other basketball players (high school, college, and others), managers, and other team personnel that are here and who are either looking for a place to work out, or willing to help players out. However, it may be better to work out without many around. All he would really need is a key, and a rebounder to practice his shooting.

I would think that most players found a way to get access to a basket during this extended Covid break.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I noticed this - "required summer athletics activities". That would indicate that voluntary, as opposed to required, activities can take place now?

I believe you are correct. July 20th is when they can start working with their coaches. Players can work with other players or non-WSU trainers at any time. I know Udeze has been training with a trainer in Houston as he's been posting some stuff on Instagram this whole time.

Comment

I believe you are correct. July 20th is when they can start working with their coaches. Players can work with other players or non-WSU trainers at any time. I know Udeze has been training with a trainer in Houston as he's been posting some stuff on Instagram this whole time.
                    Houston? Hope he's laying low.
                    Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Ivy League just announced no sports until after Jan 1. All Fall sports full cancelled, Winter will be updated later.

Comment

Ivy League just announced no sports until after Jan 1. All Fall sports full cancelled, Winter will be updated later.

Comment

They are probably getting ready to announce all online classes for $50 K per student. Then they cut support personnel and cut expenses. A first class education. What a country.

Comment

My best guess...no college sports this fall or next winter. Let the smack talk begin.

Comment

I've thought fall college sports were likely shot for a while now. NFL will play in empty stadiums. College baseball might happen.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Stanford To Cut 11 Varsity Sports After Next Academic Year For “Fiscal Stability”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/annaesa.../#5125883a6e93

Of course, Stanford sponsored something like 36 sports so this is not too surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X