No announcement yet.

College Basketball, Fall 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good points but even I, one who's (way too) critical of almost everything educator related, realize this is a mine field that simply cannot be avoided. If they have to do ANY social distancing in any form, it's going to be a nightmare and essentially nobody will be happy.

Who wants to tell Charles Koch that his tickets (personal and or corporate) are going to be restricted? Okay, you say, we get him worked out....How many in the group just below him? My guess is almost everyone here knows at least one super donor. Where do you draw the line? These are the people that make things go....giving 10s if not 100s of thousands every year. How many Angel, Guardian Angel, Super Angel and above aren't as easy to work with as say you or me? I think I'm pretty easy to get along with, or at least I want to be, but if I only get one in 3 I'm going to struggle a bit with how much I'm committed to this year.

It will be a mess, and most everyone will complain.

Comment

New thought.......some players (ours or theirs) will refuse to take the floor......already happening in MLB

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        New thought.......some players (ours or theirs) will refuse to take the floor......already happening in MLB
        That would separate the wheat from the chaff; hopefully our team, administrators and fans are made up of Wheaties.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          All good points but even I, one who's (way too) critical of almost everything educator related, realize this is a mine field that simply cannot be avoided. If they have to do ANY social distancing in any form, it's going to be a nightmare and essentially nobody will be happy.

Who wants to tell Charles Koch that his tickets (personal and or corporate) are going to be restricted? Okay, you say, we get him worked out....How many in the group just below him? My guess is almost everyone here knows at least one super donor. Where do you draw the line? These are the people that make things go....giving 10s if not 100s of thousands every year. How many Angel, Guardian Angel, Super Angel and above aren't as easy to work with as say you or me? I think I'm pretty easy to get along with, or at least I want to be, but if I only get one in 3 I'm going to struggle a bit with how much I'm committed to this year.

Or maybe the majority of people are reasonable and understand that we’re in uncharted territory here. Sure, some people are going to be assholes but no amount of ass kissing will ever change that.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That would separate the wheat from the chaff; hopefully our team, administrators and fans are made up of Wheaties.

Just because you’re not worried about this doesn’t mean those who are should be considered inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Just because you’re not worried about this doesn’t mean those who are should be considered inferior.
              agree

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I'd be very surprised if kids that are fighting to start their careers would refuse to take the floor. MLB players are adults that are likely set for life even if they never play another game.

Not saying the kids should be forced to or anything but let's not act like that's a similar scenario

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think you have to ask the questions though. My guess is that those super donors are likely in the age group that will be avoiding large crowds anyways.

No matter what I think the AD is going to take a $$$ hit this year. You just have to do what you can to make it as temporary as possible.

Comment

Safe to say EVERY INDIVIDUAL/EVERY BUSINESS will take a hit. If you haven't yet, you're lucky, but its coming. I guess its possible some retirees/social security people won't feel it.

Comment

So this is interesting. Obviously they are keeping it open through football season. Will be interesting to see if they let the rest of the basketball season play out after thanksgiving if students aren't allowed on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So this is interesting. Obviously they are keeping it open through football season. Will be interesting to see if they let the rest of the basketball season play out after thanksgiving if students aren't allowed on campus.
                        That will allow the slumlords an opportunity to sell a year lease to students.

Comment

Or are they inserting "fall break" in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so the semester is still in session, but just on extended fall/Christmas break.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Or are they inserting "fall break" in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so the semester is still in session, but just on extended fall/Christmas break.
                            No, they are continuing the classes, just remotely. But it has been said if students aren't allowed on campus, then sports would be unlikely (which makes sense). So if SEC schools are saying they wont have students on campus over the winter, will they allow Players to be there?

Comment

Notre Dame just did something similar. But they are saying no classes at all after thanksgiving. It's fairly obvious they are trying to do what they can to save football, but might be at the expense of basketball this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Notre Dame just did something similar. But they are saying no classes at all after thanksgiving. It's fairly obvious they are trying to do what they can to save football, but might be at the expense of basketball this year.
                                Why couldn’t basketball be pushed back?

Comment

Working...
                                X