SASO, tickets, & the upcoming season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SASO, tickets, & the upcoming season

I am beginning to worry that we will not return to normal by fall. In most arenas, that 6 foot thing would not be a problem, seating-wise, but in ICT?

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I am beginning to worry that we will not return to normal by fall. In most arenas, that 6 foot thing would not be a problem, seating-wise, but in ICT?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Pretty sure SASO and all tickets volleyball basketball etc season tickets will still be sold per usual. If the season/seasons are delayed they will do like baseball this year. Either return your money for tickets or credit your account or ask that it be a donation. I would think SASO since it is a donation anyway would have no refunds.

Comment

This has, and is being discussed in the 2020-2021 Schedule thread as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Yes, I too fear our governor, Gavin Newsom, might not ease the lock downs in Kansas soon enough to get the season underway.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Yes, I too fear our governor, Gavin Newsom, might not ease the lock downs in Kansas soon enough to get the season underway.
            I didn't get it the first time

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              This has, and is being discussed in the 2020-2021 Schedule thread as well.
              Wow who would of thought the same subject would appear in two different topics. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Wow who would of thought the same subject would appear in two different topics. Thanks
                That’s pin for ya.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This was just emailed out

"Dear Loyal Shocker Supporter:

We hope this e-mail finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe. Last week we mailed out your annual SASO and men’s basketball ticket renewals. If you have not received it or if you have any questions regarding your renewal, please call the SASO Office at 316-978-7276 or the Shocker Ticket Office at 316-978-3267 option 5. We will be operating with limited staff, so please leave a message if you get our voicemail and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. At this point, our facilities remain locked to the general public, so please let us assist you over the phone.

Our goal is to make giving to Shocker Athletics as effortless as possible. Now that we are experiencing great challenges together, this vision becomes more important than ever. Per the yellow insert in your renewal packet, the revised SASO deadline is Monday, June 1st, superseding the May 4th deadline. The men’s basketball season ticket deadline is
                  Monday, June 15th. Currently, we are proceeding on an “information available” basis regarding all our sport seasons. Speculation about the global environment months from now is premature and we will continue to follow the advice and directives of medical experts and health officials. We are committed to doing whatever is necessary to protect the health of our student-athletes, supporters and staff. Our intent is to have a full men’s basketball season. If that is not able to happen, we will make a temporary change to our no refund policy and proceed with options similar to how we handled our spring sports for season ticket refunds and include SASO payments.

As we navigate the current events in our country and around the world, we are reminded daily that Shocker Athletics has the greatest fans. You greatly impact our community and motivate us to continue and build upon our rich tradition for you and for our student-athletes. Even with the challenging climate, we know with your resilient support we can all look forward to a positive future for our program.

Together we will all get through this. THANK YOU for your understanding and loyal support.

Go Shockers!"

Does note that the no refund policy is able to be changed if the season doesn't happen and that includes SASO payments.

Comment

Someone I know called the ticket office and they confirmed both SASO and tickets are eligible for full or partial refunds depending on what happens this season.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Someone I know called the ticket office and they confirmed both SASO and tickets are eligible for full or partial refunds depending on what happens this season.
                      That's good to know. I'd personally probably leave my SASO no matter what. The kids will still need the scholarships, season or not, but I'm also not a high dollar donor.

Comment

saw that our tar feathered beaker friends up north are cutting their season ticket prices to bring supply and demand into balance. i know that our circumstances with tv revenue vary from theirs, but we don't have football and the expenses that come with running it and another title 9 sport... i wish that the stewards of our athletic department would take notice.

the difference between our situation and theirs is that their secondary market is quite strong - ours continues to get weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                          saw that our tar feathered beaker friends up north are cutting their season ticket prices to bring supply and demand into balance. i know that our circumstances with tv revenue vary from theirs, but we don't have football and the expenses that come with running it and another title 9 sport... i wish that the stewards of our athletic department would take notice.

the difference between our situation and theirs is that their secondary market is quite strong - ours continues to get weaker.
                          Bingo. I've been out of state for 6 years yet held on to my season tickets up until now. The supply/demand is not in a favorable position for the program while the secondary ticket market has collapsed. With the pandemic, unemployment and everything that comes with it I anticipate renewals will be way down.

Comment

Maybe I can upgrade my seats without sitting in the middle of the section, Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Maybe I can upgrade my seats without sitting in the middle of the section, Hmmm
                              i'd think that you have really good chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X