No announcement yet.

RIP Dancin' Don Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible news. Very sorry to hear this. A true talent on-air. My teen years in the 1980's was KKRD. Such a tragedy...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Devastating!

Comment

just tragic. he did so much for charity.

Comment

RH: Don Hall Provided Voice to Wichita State's Actions On Court ...

Longtime PA Announcer Don Hall Killed in Car Accident | News Break
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

RIP Don, you will be missed.

Comment

Check out the KFH Drive from today replay if you want to hear some good stories fromJack Oliver and Scott the news cub Smith. RIP Dancin

Comment

My son and Don's ran together in grade school/Jr hi. Great kid, who I always assumed great parents as well.y condolences to his family!

Comment

Just maddening - D’Don - thank you for some good memories and condolences to your family and friends.

Comment

Seems like someone who wasted their life, wasted a life. This news is a sad situation.
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

Please include Barry Casey in your thoughts and prayers... we've sure lost a couple of good ones the past few days.

Wichita radio community also mourning DJ whose career spanned more than four decades

Comment

Catching the podcast of Sports Daily this morning and Shane was understandably emotional about the whole thing on Wednesday. Good listen if you can get to it on Apple podcasts or the Radio app.

Tune in for Wichita sports talk, analysis and exclusive interviews. Stream, read and download KFH Radio 1240 / FM 97.5 from any device on Audacy.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          Catching the podcast of Sports Daily this morning and Shane was understandably emotional about the whole thing on Wednesday. Good listen if you can get to it on Apple podcasts or the Radio app.

https://kfh.radio.com/audio-channel/on-demand/programs
                          Very much appreciate you posting this, but I might need another box of Kleenex before it's over. Wow!

Comment

One funny memory that I have of Don was during the unveiling the 2015 Sweet 16 banner. Whether it was written out as such or he went improv (not unlikely), Don said something to the effect of, "The Shockers made the Sweet 16 by beating...(quick sarcastic pause), well, you know who it was."

God bless you, Don!
                            78-65

Comment

just a few years ago, don hall made a request on his morning radio show for people to bring in candy to the radio station for the children stuck in hospitals over halloween. well, i brought in a bag of a candy and was directed to place it in an adjoining room.. man, that room was packed wall to wall, to the ceiling, with candy for those unfortunate kids! ever since then, that was how i knew don hall.. more than a radio personality or shocker emcee.. good man, good heart.

he will be missed by many.

Comment

All Everybody, Get On Your Feet and Cheer for Shocker Defense

Comment

Working...
                                X