X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Don Hall. Just terrible news.

Comment

Rest easy, Don.

I hope the next arena announcer is a completely different style. Don’s memory does not need a copy cat trying to do what he did so well.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Very sad. RIP Don.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Wichita radio icon, and PA for the Shocks for the last I don't know how many years, was killed this morning in an accident on the way to work at Kellogg and Rock.

It can happen to anyone.

**** anyone that drives drunk or high.

The man did so much for the City of Wichita. It is a very sad day here.
          I can't give a like for the-is information Doc but thanks for posting. Very sad indeed. Woke up to him on my clock radio most mornings but not this morning. It is sad indeed.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 29, 2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Around 4:30 this morning an injury accident was reported at Kellogg and Rock. Local radio personality Don Hall was in a car that was turning and was "t-boned" by a second car. Don was pronounced dead at the scene. The police say there is suspicion that the other driver was "impaired."

Don grew up in Overland Park, KS. He graduated from Shawnee Mission West High School in 1967 and acquired a business degree from Pittsburg State in 1971. While in college, he played golf, was the president of the Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity, and worked at KSEK. He worked two years at KWBW in Hutchinson, KS before coming to KEYN in 1974. Don worked for KEYN, KAKZ, KKRD, KZSN and then back to KEYN, where did the morning show with co-host Barbara Baan. Don worked over 45 years in radio. In his off-time, Don was the arena announcer for WSU Basketball. He was involved in as much charity work as possible and was an American Legion Rider and rode with the Kansas Patriot Guard.

Don was 70.

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Comment

RIP, dancin' Don. I never had any personal interactions with him, but I never heard anyone say a bad thing about him. Seemed like he was everywhere in Wichita regardless of what it was. If it had to do with Civic outreach in any way or a charity, he seemed to be front and center.

How many generations grew up with his personality on the radio? So sad.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

RIP Dancin Don
                Go Shocks!

Comment

I’m tuning into KEYN this morning. 3500 miles away doesn’t mean I can’t join my city in this time.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

So sad. DDH was one of my favorites growing up in Wichita - He will be sorely missed. May God comfort his family.

Comment

Ugh. RIP Dancin' Don.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Here's the story from GoShockers.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I can't give a like for the-is information Doc but thanks for posting. Very sad indeed. Woke up to him on my clock radio most mornings but not this morning. It is sad indeed.
                          A good man. RIP Don

Comment

Rip Don. You will be missed by many....... :(
                            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Just sickened to hear the news this morning. With all else that is going on, this news story somehow hit me even harder than it might have. I feel so bad for his family and am just grateful for all he gave to so many for so long. We have been blessed to have him in the Shocker family. Rest In Peace!

Comment

Wichita radio personality, Shocker basketball announcer Don Hall killed in car accident (updated story)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X