Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does tournament performance=conference strength?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does tournament performance=conference strength?

Does performance in the NCAA tournament measure how strong a conference is? How many Final Fours/Elite Eights has the MVC had in the last 20 or so years?

Are you drinking again?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It depends on seeding. If you are seeded as a 4 seed or better you are expected to win your first 2 games and get to the sweet sixteen. 1 and 2 seeds are given the easiest roads to the final 4 compared to the rest of the field.
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Yeah it does. Seems sort of like an obvious answer to an obvious question. I don't see the discussion angle of the question.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Comment

Normally this would have been a bat signal for @ShockerFever:.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Normally this would have been a bat signal for @ShockerFever.
              SF, your restraint is commendable, but the absence of at least a little of your flare, missed.

Comment

Comment

What happens when you choke a smurf? Do they turn blue? Can you not see it because they are blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwatchman View Post
                    Does performance in the NCAA tournament measure how strong a conference is? How many Final Fours/Elite Eights has the MVC had in the last 20 or so years?
                    In KU's case a run in the NCAA tournament primarily serves as a good way for probation officers to remotely keep track of offenders.

Comment

You either know the answer or think you know the answer and posted this on a WSU board in order to compensate for some type of self-perceived wimpiness below your waist.

Many people compensate for their own inadequacies by living through some sports team they perceive as superior. Those people can't really experience "satisfaction" unless they can can demonstrate their superiority through their sports team. I imagine you could really hand it to yourself if KU played WSU and won. You ought to suggest that to the KU athletic department.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Normally this would have been a bat signal for @ShockerFever.
                        Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        SF, your restraint is commendable, but the absence of at least a little of your flare, missed.
                        After receiving my first banning ever on this site, I found that I guess it's not worth being blacklisted for a week for defending this site from trolling behavior. But thanks anyways for the comment ST. Maybe someday down the road I won't have to alter my personality as much as I do now on this site.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think the answer could be yes.

I mean, let's use another analogy/equation and plug it into a similar formula.

Since KU has been ousted out of 2 NCAA Tournaments the last 6 years by MVC teams, does that mean MVC > KU? What about 4 out of the last 8 years that the heavy favorite Jayhawks have been eliminated from the NCAA Tournament by those lowly, worthless mid-majors? Does that mean lowly, worthless mid-majors > KU?

Guess so. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a very merry Davidson Christmas!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I think the answer could be yes.

I mean, let's use another analogy/equation and plug it into a similar formula.

Since KU has been ousted out of 2 NCAA Tournaments the last 6 years by MVC teams, does that mean MVC > KU? What about 4 out of the last 8 years that the heavy favorite Jayhawks have been eliminated from the NCAA Tournament by those lowly, worthless mid-majors? Does that mean lowly, worthless mid-majors > KU?

Guess so. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a very merry Davidson Christmas!
                            Bahaha!

Now admit it, you had to hit "Preview" and use the backspace over 100 times before you posted that!

Comment

Working...
                            X