Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last scholarship

I don’t care what size or position- find us a player like this:

Last edited by shock; April 18, 2020, 08:37 PM.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by shock View Post

Take Antoine Carr and Xavier McDaniel. Mix that together. Put it into a 5'11" PG and you get Fred VanVleet.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Let them nuts hang Fred!

Comment

I just ruined my shorts

Comment

Legendary.

Comment

I think when I hear players ***** and moan about Madshall, the response should be....

"It's because he got used to coaching tough sum bitches who value winning over EVERYTHING! If you don't have what it takes to be a winner, then he's not the right fit for you."

I think too, that GM started when WSU wasn't at the height of success. FVV and the likes had to strive for perfection, because anything less in the Valley could spell doom. GM is the same, the new players don't understand that. The last player who did was McDuffie and he's gone.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The new players also don't possess the boulder sized chip on GMs shoulder, which grew from his early years here.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                The new players also don't possess the boulder sized chip on GMs shoulder, which grew from his early years here.
                i've noticed that since the defensive statistics went south.. 2017 i believe.. the program has had a country club feeling to it. glad to hear the talk that its going back the other way.

Comment

This didn't happen. It's a recycled Michael Jordan anecdote with the players names switched out. There are various version of this quoting Klay Thompson saying it instead of Green.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/wh...-f-king-night/

Nevertheless --- that type of player would be nice to have.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

i've noticed that since the defensive statistics went south.. 2017 i believe.. the program has had a country club feeling to it. glad to hear the talk that its going back the other way.
                    The defense was back this year but the offense was beyond pathetic.

NCAA BB Team Defensive Efficiency 2019-20: Wichita State - 4th out of 353 D1 teams

Hopefully these new guys can put the ball in the basket,

Comment

No this didn’t happen. This is reddit copypasta. However, as Raps fans have pointed out, Freddy is so cold blooded, it makes you wonder for a second if it’s true.

It seems that MTXE is a thing of the past with some people. There is a growing belief that mental toughness is a result of abuse and people shouldn’t have to be mentally tough to succeed. There are people who believe XE is the only attribute you need.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of when FVV did the "let 'em hang" at one of his senior year home games? You know, the one similar to this:
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          Does anyone have a pic of when FVV did the "let 'em hang" at one of his senior year home games? You know, the one similar to this:
                          I remember seeing photos of a Tulsa game during Fred’s senior season (‘15-‘16); the game was at Tulsa and Fred hit 3 or 4 long threes leading up to halftime; one might have been a couple of seconds before the halftime buzzer sounded and he did the “let ‘em hang” gesture as he ran (actually hobbled because of a hamstring injury) back towards our bench. Unfortunately we lost the game because of injuries (him and Shamet).

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This is from his senior day against Ill St, right after he pulled up from five feet behind the three point line on a fast break and drilled a three. What an effing legend.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                              This is from his senior day against Ill St, right after he pulled up from five feet behind the three point line on a fast break and drilled a three. What an effing legend.
                              Bingo! Here it is full size without having to click.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X