What can we expect for 2020-2021 MBB season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we expect for 2020-2021 MBB season

Thinking ahead to the upcoming MBB season. Will there be a season? Will there be fans? How will you feel being with 10,000 fans? Will there be 10,000 fans at Koch? Do you expect changes at Koch for next season? Will you be attending the games? What do you expect?

Too early to make any good predictions.

Comment

This will be a most exciting team to watch and I am really looking forward to having a very experienced PG at the helm once again.

Other than that, I will go with out on the limb and predict we will not win 30 games, but on the good side, we will not lose 20 either.

Comment

If the country isn't opened back up by the time the CBB season were to be started - we have a lot bigger problems to worry about. I'm ready to get it rolling and watch the new pieces come together!

Comment

I hate to put a damper on things, but I give it 50-50 (at BEST) that students will be allowed on campus for fall semester, and if there are no students allowed on campus, there will NO sports.

Not sports without fans in attendance, ZERO sports at all. And that will be fall and winter. At least.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Comment

Covid has took a wrecking ball to the economy, added trillions in debt, forced us to quarantine the sick, and many would argue "quarantine the healthy." I am sure hostile actors around the world have taken note. Hope this ends soon. If this is still going on next fall, America is in a heap of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I hate to put a damper on things, but I give it 50-50 (at BEST) that students will be allowed on campus for fall semester, and if there are no students allowed on campus, there will NO sports.

Not sports without fans in attendance, ZERO sports at all. And that will be fall and winter. At least.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
              There is might be a better than 50/50 chance that, assuming we can ramp up testing by July, many states will be able to start school again in the fall. I think the problem is that the NCAA is a national institution and there may be a few or many states who are not ready to reopen. Which leaves the question of how such a situation would be handled. Who knows? Like Shockm said there is still too much unknown

Comment

If CBB games are allowed even without fans, how will they keep the players safe? There is no such thing as a fast-paced college (or for that matter, pro) basketball game without sweat being thrown everywhere. How will they keep the players from spreading WHATEVER when they play? Unless they have a vaccine by that time, it seems foolish to put these kids at risk. The pros are grown men and can decide for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  If CBB games are allowed even without fans, how will they keep the players safe? There is no such thing as a fast-paced college (or for that matter, pro) basketball game without sweat being thrown everywhere. How will they keep the players from spreading WHATEVER when they play? Unless they have a vaccine by that time, it seems foolish to put these kids at risk. The pros are grown men and can decide for themselves.
                  It all comes down to the availability of testing, IMO. I’ve seen many influential people who are way smarter and knowledgeable than me say the same thing regarding tests so I have to hope such availability of tests is a matter of when not if.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    Watch college football. That will lead the way. There was a meeting this week - if students cannot come back to campus this fall, there will not be any football.

That was one conclusion drawn by those on the call because the message to Pence from that group was clear: There will be no college football until students are allowed on campus.

"Our players are students. If we're not in college, we're not having contests," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who was on the call.
                    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...urn-to-campus/

Comment

Whether extensive testing that prove antibodies that protect individuals from the caronavirus can be successfully given on a mass scale or not should be known by June. This would pave the way for schools opening up or not in the fall.

Comment

nm
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; April 16, 2020, 04:50 PM. Reason: Please no political posts in the basketball forum.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          nm
                          nm
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; April 16, 2020, 04:51 PM. Reason: I'm removing political posts in the basketball forum

Comment

My bad Kung Wu. You'd think I know better being a former moderator for many years on this fine forum. Duh...my etiquette in these trying times must've slipped on me. Lol
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              My bad Kung Wu. You'd think I know better being a former moderator for many years on this fine forum. Duh...my etiquette in these trying times must've slipped on me. Lol
                              It’s easy to let it rip every now and then.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X