• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama agrees to play 3 games with Memphis - ESPN

Associated Press
    07/07/20, 11:43 AM CT

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-games-memphis

"Coach Penny Hardaway and Memphis will play Alabama three times over the next three seasons with two of those games in Memphis. The deal announced Tuesday starts with an exhibition fundraiser either Oct. 31 or Nov. 1 at the FedExForum in Memphis for pandemic relief efforts. Then Memphis would visit Alabama at Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa during the 2021-22 season with the teams playing in Memphis during the 2022-23 season...."

Comment

• Comment

• Not quite a basketball happening but, with the PAC and B10 going to conference only play, BYU literally lost nearly half of their football schedule. You have to think this will cause them to reconsider staying independent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
          Not quite a basketball happening but, with the PAC and B10 going to conference only play, BYU literally lost nearly half of their football schedule. You have to think this will cause them to reconsider staying independent.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-902548-page-8.html
          You have several FBS Independents: BYU, Notre Dame, Army, New Mexico St, UMass, Liberty, and now UConn.

Comment

• Shocks recruited him as well.

Comment

• Looks like u gone got out just in time with teams like ODU Liberty Maine and Middle Tenn State Army UMass San Jose State and Army still on the schedule. That is a schedule to excite the faithful.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Comment

• No. 24-rated prospect Moussa Cisse commits to Memphis basketball - ESPN

by Jonathan Givony
                    07/15/20, 2:55 PM CT
                    ​​​​​​​
                    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...his-basketball

"Moussa Cisse, the No. 24 prospect in the ESPN Class of 2020, has committed to play for the Memphis Tigers, he told ESPN on Wednesday.

"Coach Penny Hardaway is a legend and can help me develop my game and take it to the next level," Cisse told ESPN. "He has a lot of influence in the league. I've been in Memphis for a year now and everyone is telling me to stay. With all this stuff we're facing with the pandemic, I didn't get to go visit any other schools except Florida State. I'm getting a lot of love from the fans."..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      No. 24-rated prospect Moussa Cisse commits to Memphis basketball - ESPN

by Jonathan Givony

"Moussa Cisse, the No. 24 prospect in the ESPN Class of 2020, has committed to play for the Memphis Tigers, he told ESPN on Wednesday.

"Coach Penny Hardaway is a legend and can help me develop my game and take it to the next level," Cisse told ESPN. "He has a lot of influence in the league. I've been in Memphis for a year now and everyone is telling me to stay. With all this stuff we're facing with the pandemic, I didn't get to go visit any other schools except Florida State. I'm getting a lot of love from the fans."..."
                      Penny got his scapegoat.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        No. 24-rated prospect Moussa Cisse commits to Memphis basketball - ESPN

by Jonathan Givony

Comment

• "I've been in Memphis for a year now" has a familiar ring to it. Sounds strangely like the situation with Wiseman.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            "I've been in Memphis for a year now" has a familiar ring to it. Sounds strangely like the situation with Wiseman.
                            Thought the same thing Aargh . The NCAA may as well drop the hammer now for Wiseman last year and catch Cisse without have to go through it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              "I've been in Memphis for a year now" has a familiar ring to it. Sounds strangely like the situation with Wiseman.
                              That's not fair. He lived on the East Coast before moving to Memphis just last year knowing Wiseman would be gone.

(Cisse, who was born in the West African country of Guinea, moved to the United States in December 2016. He played at St. Benedict's Prep in New Jersey and Christ the King High School in New York before electing to move to Memphis last summer to attend Lausanne Collegiate School.)

Comment

• Tigers finish Top 10 nationally in attendance - Go Tigers Go

Posted: 08/10/20

https://gotigersgo.com/news/2020/8/1...ttendance.aspx

"MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The University of Memphis men's basketball program under coach Penny Hardaway continues to draw impressive crowds to FedExForum.

"In Hardaway's second season, the Tigers attracted 16,312 per game to rank ninth nationally in average attendance. The total represented a 2,247-per-game increase, which ranked second nationally. In Hardaway's first season, the Tigers ranked first nationally in increased attendance. Syracuse topped the NCAA Division 1 attendance with an average of 21,704 per game. Kansas (16,388) barely eclipsed Memphis for eighth place, while the Tigers averaged slightly more per game than Indiana (16,300).

Memphis ranked first among American Athletic Conference programs. Cincinnati was second at 11,100 per game, while Wichita State was third at 10,315 per game."

Comment

Working...
                                X