"Remember When?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Remember When?"

1. Remember when a foe ran smack dab into a ShaqWall pick and hit the wooden floor behind him, as he dreamed of the license plate # of that parked Mack Truck?

2. Remember when FVV made the dagger long ball 3 verses the Zags right b4 the shot clock buzzer like it was just another Freshman day's work at the office?

3. Remember when the Shocks were playing angry on a regular basis because they were not satisfied?

Your Turn!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Remember when shaq wall knocked that ref out on the opening tip?

Comment

Remember when Matty Braeur stuck that dagger right in the Blowjays heart?

Comment

Remember when the 'fan' hurled a loaded weenie from the cheap seats...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I got to personally witness or watch on TV some of the "greatest comebacks" in Shockers History:

▪ 03/01/20, with 14:32 left in the second half and down 24 points, Wichita State needed a timeout. In a wild finish befitting the craziness of March, the teams reversed roles. The Shockers took control over the final 14 minutes, overcame the deficit and then held on for a 66-62 victory. WSU’s Dexter Dennis finished with a career high in points (25) and 3-pointers (7).

▪ 12/20/17, Shaquille Morris scored 25 points, Landry Shamet added 23 and No. 6 Wichita State got the Maui Invitational off to a wild start by rallying from an 18-point deficit with 15;32 remaining in the second half. The Shockers used a suffocating full-court press to win going away, 92-82.

▪ 01/11/14, WSU trailed Alabama 51-40 with 6:01 to play at Koch Arena. It outscored the visitors 13-1 to win 53-52 on Darius Carter’s dunk with 11 seconds to play.

▪ 01/11/14, The Shockers trailed the Bears 54-35 with 11:48 remaining in the game. They tied it 64-all to force overtime and won 72-69.

▪ 02/17/13, the Shockers trailed Illinois State 67-60 with 40 seconds to play at Redbird Arena. Cleanthony Early started the rally with two free throws after a flagrant foul on Illinois State’s Jackie Carmichael, who kicked WSU’s Tekele Cotton in the face after a rebound. Demetric Williams made a three-pointer to cut the lead to 67-65. After a turnover, Early’s three-pointer with six seconds to play gave WSU a 68-67 win.

Comment

remember the jackie chan kick to tekele cotton at illinois state... i'll never forget the state farm retractable hand roll banners that looked like chief's arrows coming down onto the court from behind us. the fire in that team was remarkable. coming back from 7 down with less than a minute to go.. then the disturbance between our assitant coaches and those from illinois state after the game near the locker rooms was the icing on the cake.

Comment

I remember sitting in section 120-122 or so when Antoine Carr scored 47 points in his final game. Everybody wanted him to touch the ball.

Here's a great Carr highlight...

Carr was a local standout while attending Wichita Heights High School. He became the Shockers third All-American in 1983, and averaged 22.2 points a game dur...

Lost in that highlight is how little dribbling is done to get the ball across halfcourt off the XMan rebound.

Comment

Remember when a freshman came in and looked at two well established players and asked, “Who’s sitting?”
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Remember when P. Allen Stinett punted the ball into the seats and didn’t get a T? Another Blojay dirtbag!

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                    I remember sitting in section 120-122 or so when Antoine Carr scored 47 points in his final game. Everybody wanted him to touch the ball.

Carr was a local standout while attending Wichita Heights High School. He became the Shockers third All-American in 1983, and averaged 22.2 points a game dur...

Lost in that highlight is how little dribbling is done to get the ball across halfcourt off the XMan rebound.
                    Thanks for that, one of my all time AC memories! We sat in section H rows 31/32, center court facing the bench. What an era.

Comment

Bill Russell and KC Jones and San FrancisconDons in 1955 or 1956

OhioState with Lucas, Havlechek, Siegfried , Mel Newell and Bobby Knight in the Roundhouse
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

FSF attended that scoring record game by A. Carr. He was a like a man among boys and his dunks brought me high out of my seat.

Remember when Jaimie Arnold almost bent the backboard with his free throws? Not what I call a soft shooters touch.

Remember when Sasha R. did the fancy between the leg fake that confused his defender as E. Fogler benched him?

Remember when the Shocks got the very loud Iowa win at Henry Levitt Arena when Lou Dew called a time out when they were out of them. I think Scott Thompson as his assistant lost count in the fray. Then Randy Smithson falling over backwards as he made the big throw?

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I remember Meadowlark Lemon rebounding, dribbling to half court and launching it / swishing it in the
                          12 foot side basket they used to have. Remember Van Eman's game winning shot to end one of Cincy's
                          winning streaks and Dave's scoring 2/3 of our points in another win over Cincy ending another long
                          winning streak. Remember the win over #1 Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Remember when Sasha R. did the fancy between the leg fake that confused his defender as E. Fogler benched him?
                            Agreed. Easily top 10 all time. If anyone has a clip they can find or share...

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              I remember Meadowlark Lemon rebounding, dribbling to half court and launching it / swishing it in the
                              12 foot side basket they used to have. Remember Van Eman's game winning shot to end one of Cincy's
                              winning streaks and Dave's scoring 2/3 of our points in another win over Cincy ending another long
                              winning streak. Remember the win over #1 Michigan
                              All of those. Ernie Moore so tired after miraculaous effort that he had to sit down at the top of the key during a timeout.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X