X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

maybe you could paraphrase
    Newcomers with ballsack will thrive.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Actually, I'm not sure anyone can. Each section/item goes right to the point and why without mincing a lot of words.
      damn.. stutz must be a prophet

Comment

He must have edited out the part about telling your parents (dad) to butt the ef out.

Comment

I am not sure there is a wide enough chasm to describe the difference between Garrett's father and Erik's father. WIDE chasm.

Comment

From the article.

Getting in the mindset of accepting blame is one of the highest honors a leader can take upon himself.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I am not sure there is a wide enough chasm to describe the difference between Garrett's father and Erik's father. WIDE chasm.
              Proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree (normally)?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

damn.. stutz must be a prophet
                Not a prophet, just didn't waist words. Windy speeches are easy to paraphrase. One being succinct is not. He also covered a lot of material -- "It's Not About Me" / "Expectations" / "Coaches" / "The Teammates" / "Fans" / "Leadership" / "Better the Community" / "Pay It Forward".

Comment

Just open in a private window.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The apple rots when it hangs to the tree to long.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree (normally)?
                      In Garrett’s case, just took longer to reach the ground!☺️

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        In Garrett’s case, just took longer to reach the ground!☺️
                        When asked how long a man's legs should be Abe Lincoln responded "Long enough to reach the ground" Whether or not Honest Abe actually said that I think it is safe to say the Garrett's legs as well as his mind or well grounded.

Comment

No mention of the one mistake-get pulled rule. Are we sure that he’s a former 3G player?
                          78-65

Comment

Heard another saying on the radio this afternoon that fits well here I think.

A hammer shatters glass but it forges steel (especially when a proper amount of heat is provided). Most Shocker fans would acknowledge the 3G would qualify as a hammer and is a guy who is known to bring the heat. If the raw material he is working with is glass it will no doubt shatter. Early on in his career many Shocker fans thought Garrett was glass dubbing him FiFi (we don't need to get into whether that was deserved or not). What many (maybe most) of us did not detect was the high carbon content inside 3G applied the heat and kept hammering away and it paid off with nice piece of forged steel who was 1st Team All-Valley as a senior. The last 8 years only prove that if you have high quality raw material and a skilled smith you can turn out a high quality piece of work that will hold up extremely well over the long haul.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 8, 2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              No mention of the one mistake-get pulled rule. Are we sure that he’s a former 3G player?
                              Marshall has had that rule for a while, iirc. Not a bad rule when you have a bunch of young players that make a bunch of mistakes. Better to sit of the bench and think about one mistake than to sit on the bench and think about overall poor play or even worse- not sit on the bench and keep jacking up god awful shots.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Marshall has had that rule for a while, iirc. Not a bad rule when you have a bunch of young players that make a bunch of mistakes. Better to sit of the bench and think about one mistake than to sit on the bench and think about overall poor play or even worse- not sit on the bench and keep jacking up god awful shots.
                                It goes back to this quote from Garrett:

At times it might not seem like it, but every coach wants to see their players succeed. When the coaches get on you, it is for your benefit. You are not always going to agree with the methods the coaches use to push you, but I promise that if you fight through it, you will become a better player, a better teammate and a better person. One key piece of advice is to listen to what the coaches are telling you, not how they are telling you.

The kid will see it as "Oh man he's benching me for making one mistake? Coach is so mean!" When in actuality, he is trying to push them and mold them and get them to be tough and fight through it. It is more about WHAT he is trying to show them than HOW he is showing them. The smart players and the mentally tough players get that and understand it. See Tyson Etienne.

Comment

Working...
                                X