Best Valley Win of the Season so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Valley Win of the Season so far?

I'm a homer but UNLV is looking pretty good. Especially given the final score.

2. Indiana State beating Vanderbilt at Vandy.
    3. Creighton beating SDSU.
    4. Many of UNI's wins.

Missouri State has a couple of good opportunities coming up against West Virginia and Saint Mary's. If they are able to take care of one or both of those teams the Valley will be an interesting place this season. Whether the pundits will want to admit it or not will be another story.

Indiana State's victory over Vandy and UNLV's win over #19 Illinois were very welcome this weekend.

Can't hurt our cause whenever our conference members (whether you hate their guts or not) and those OC teams we've beaten, or got beaten by, win significant games.

Comment

Because of the margin of WSU's win over UNLV, that should be in the equation.

UNI has some solid wins, but I don't see any barn burners (Old Dominion, Iowa, Providence). Their best win is against Colorado State (#44). Iowa State is #59, Old Dominion is #114.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Because of the margin of WSU's win over UNLV, that should be in the equation.

UNI has some solid wins, but I don't see any barn burners (Old Dominion, Iowa, Providence). Their best win is against Colorado State (#44). Iowa State is #59, Old Dominion is #114.
        UNI could be looking at a "Barry Hinson" year. They have a great RPI, but aren't going to have quality OOC wins. The Committee seems to use that as an elimination factor. UNI needs either a top-2 finish in the Valley or an impressive BB win against a respected top-50 program.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

IDK, Creighton winning at SDSU is pretty impressive
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

It maybe just me, but no doubt the Valley has multiple bids this tourney and MAYBE even 3. The Valley is getting a lot of national press so far, the so-called experts at selection time will have undoubtedly have heard of the Valley's exploits. It will be a lot tougher for them to deny entry.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              It maybe just me, but no doubt the Valley has multiple bids this tourney and MAYBE even 3. The Valley is getting a lot of national press so far, the so-called experts at selection time will have undoubtedly have heard of the Valley's exploits. It will be a lot tougher for them to deny entry.
              The wife get your login again KC?

Creighton at SDSU is better than ISUB's @ Vandy in real life, but I agree at the end of the year, the Vandy win will look better. Vandy doesn't have a good win yet, but does have some impressive losses.

Comment

UNLV RPI is now #10 and Colorado is #97. Indiana State is up to #16.

Comment

I used my time machine to go back two months so I could give you this news. In "our time" (Feb. 18, 2011), the best win of the season so far is the 20 point victory by WSU over CU on Feb. 11, 2012.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                    I used my time machine to go back two months so I could give you this news. In "our time" (Feb. 18, 2011), the best win of the season so far is the 20 point victory by WSU over CU on Feb. 11, 2012.
                    If you were from the future you would know that we beat Creighton by 39 in Omaha. We beat them by 20 in Wichita on New Years Eve.

Comment

If the Valley does well in the BB then we could get 3 or even 4 bids again if the top 4 teams dominate the conference and only lose against each other.

This could be another year like 2006. But even if the top 4 teams take care of business in the conference a loss by one of those 4 teams in the BB could eliminate them.

Comment

I think the CU win @ SDSU trumps our win @ Vandy Saturday, regardless, both are good wins, as well as your win over UNLV

Comment

RealTime RPI just updated.

Charleston Southern 113
                          Colorado 98
                          Alabama 24
                          Temple 43
                          UAB 152
                          CSU Fullerton 219
                          UNLV 8
                          Tulsa 176
                          Utah St. 222
                          Chicago St. 313

Bradley 137
                          Creighton 36
                          Drake 91
                          Evansville 279
                          Illinois St. 226
                          Indiana St. 14
                          Missouri State 90
                          Northern Iowa 3
                          Southern Ill. 336

Looking at the reminaing schedules, there is no way Charleston Southern will sneak back into the top 100. It will also be nearly impossible foir Utah State or Fullerton to break the top 100.

Colorado could stay top 100.

UAB and Tulsa could sneak in to the top 100, based mostly on the strength of Conference USA. There are some bottom feeders though too. For Tulsa, the have a good upcoming RPI game against Creighton. For RPI reasons I think we root for Tulsa. CU is likely to remain a top 50 or top 100 team.
                          Last edited by ABC; December 19, 2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X