No announcement yet.

What was your worst ever prediction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not sure if this is a prediction or not, but I thought Duke was winning in Basketball without paying players. I was wrong.

My best prediction was against KU at the Battle of New Orleans second round NCAA Tournament i think 1979. I predicted during the last time out Mike Jones would hit the last shot for WSU to give us the win over the hated ones and make the drive back to Wichita awesome.

Comment

How many predicted Teddy Allen to be all AAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Interesting. Erik should leave the recruiting to the professionals.
        I remember when Erik was a commit and we were still hunting for other players, including a point guard. He was always hopping on recruit's twitter pages, trying to get them to commit to WSU. It's interesting to see Marshall's comments on it. I'm guessing he may have convinced some other players to come here, so him transferring away may be similar to a coach leaving to some of them.

The dude has a lot of passion. I wish things would have worked out better. If he was able to maintain what he had going the first 16 games this year all season, then improve like a junior and a senior normally do, he would have had a really good career here.

I'm not sad he left if that's what's best for both the program and him; just sad about what might have been.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

How many predicted Teddy Allen to be all AAC?
          Not sure but I wouldn’t classify that as a bad prediction.

Comment

Along with Erik being a great player here for his full career, another one of my recent misses was DeAntoni Gordon.

I thought he was going to be an absolute baller here. I was certain we got an early commit from a player who could have gone to a high, high-major school. And it was all based on his recruiting videos, like this one:

Don't think I'll ever trust a recruiting video again. It's like trying to judge someone's life based on their Instagram page.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
              Along with Erik being a great player here for his full career, another one of my recent misses was DeAntoni Gordon.

I thought he was going to be an absolute baller here. I was certain we got an early commit from a player who could have gone to a high, high-major school. And it was all based on his recruiting videos, like this one:

Don't think I'll ever trust a recruiting video again. It's like trying to judge someone's life based on their Instagram page.
              You mean things might not be as they appear on video?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think Gordon still has upside. He can still do those things that were shown in the video, just hasn’t played enough to figure out how to do them at the D1 level.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  I’m not sure if this is a prediction or not, but I thought Duke was winning in Basketball without paying players. I was wrong.

My best prediction was against KU at the Battle of New Orleans second round NCAA Tournament i think 1979. I predicted during the last time out Mike Jones would hit the last shot for WSU to give us the win over the hated ones and make the drive back to Wichita awesome.
                  That was '81 and I was there also... I remember partying like it was 1999.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

You mean things might not be as they appear on video?

Was gonna like your post, but I prefer the real thing. LOL.

Comment

I think Gordon still has upside. He can still do those things that were shown in the video, just hasn’t played enough to figure out how to do them at the D1 level.
                      I agree, but just a shame it won't be at WSU.

Comment

Thanks for the correction, WstateU, That was a great time.

Comment

Predicting a players parent (s) would NEVER cause coach Marshall angst...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X