What was your worst ever prediction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Yep! I noticed that as well when I first saw it the night they posted the video. Re-watched it again last week and was still dumbfounded by GS body language. It was and is very telling.
    Agreed my friend

Comment

was that the first game that he didn't finish?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Until we get some fresh news to discuss, we need something to keep us from beating the same dead horse over and over again.

Here’s an idea for discussion. I was running an errand this past week when I heard Bruce and Shane on the radio. They were talking the NBA when Bruce mentioned Trae Young and Shane mentioned LeBron as guys who they were wrong about. Both thought those guys would fail. Bruce has been wrong so far. Shane was incredibly wrong.

What was your worst prediction? Maybe you thought someone would suck who turned out to be great. Maybe vice versa...you thought someone would be great who ended up flopping. Maybe a team. Maybe a game. Maybe a rule. What did you get wrong?

This could be about Shocker Athletics but could also be about anything across sports. I’m curious to see what people will admit.
        My worst prediction is that Shane and Bruce would be interesting to listen to

Comment

My take on GS after the UConn game was that he might still be upset that he almost cost us the game. His inability to get the ball up the court and trying to dribble through triple teams was painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            My take on GS after the UConn game was that he might still be upset that he almost cost us the game. His inability to get the ball up the court and trying to dribble through triple teams was painful to watch.
            Bingo. An 18 year old who almost cost his team the game and didn’t perform up to his expectations. It’s okay that he wasn’t hooping and hollering post game.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

Bingo. An 18 year old who almost cost his team the game and didn’t perform up to his expectations. It’s okay that he wasn’t hooping and hollering post game.
              yeah, okay, but that's when it all began

Comment

My worst prediction (and I’ve appreciated you guys not killing me on it) was last year when I had received some information that should have been very solid...but wasn’t (something happened to change the report)...about WSU was to have a first round NIT game at home. That proved to be wrong...I could have shot my source.

Comment

I thought AM would play a little bit. Still holding out hope.
                  Along those lines, do you remember this from May of 2019?

Here’s the WSU basketball player who impressed Gregg Marshall the most this spring

HCGM on AM - "“He took another step, I don’t know for what reason,” Marshall said. “But I noticed a different pep in his step if you will. He was a little more athletic, a little quicker, a little more explosive. It’s amazing if that is a mental thing and he flipped the switch.”

kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article230359019.html

Comment

“It could be a very special season”.
                    That one was repeated a few times by HCGM and Mike Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      Could: used to indicate possibility.

That’s not a prediction. If you took that statement and ran then that’s on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                        Also, and I’m not surprised by this, but you’re leaving out the most important part of what Marshall said several times. “This could be a special season. If we don’t let good become the enemy of great.”

Obviously we let good become the enemy of great. What that means specifically I don’t know.

I remember in the SMU meltdown thread you said something like “this is the special season we were promised?” Promised. I think you need to consult the dictionary more often.

Comment

off topic but I just saw this the other day and thought to myself "what a difference a couple of months can make"

HCGM on Erik earlier this season:

"Erik is obviously in the right program. He committed to us early, he helped put together the recruiting class and he loves it. He loves being a Shocker, he loves Shocker nation"

Comment

I think my worst prediction was that we would sweep Houston this year. I'll predict, based on nothing but emotion, that we win one of them next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                              off topic but I just saw this the other day and thought to myself "what a difference a couple of months can make"

HCGM on Erik earlier this season:

"Erik is obviously in the right program. He committed to us early, he helped put together the recruiting class and he loves it. He loves being a Shocker, he loves Shocker nation"
                              Interesting. Erik should leave the recruiting to the professionals.

Comment

Interesting. Erik should leave the recruiting to the professionals.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X