What was your worst ever prediction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I also thought Doug Gottlieb provided good 'color' commentary... not sure what went wrong between him and our program.
    Simple. His career was on the ropes, and a lot of online journalists are paid (or at least judged) by the traffic their stories bring to their respective websites. Doug had a decent thing going for a little bit creating lots of traffic by trolling Shocker fans.

You can say the same thing about a lot of industries any more. Sports journalists, industry bloggers, cable news, etc.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Worst prediction I have heard lately was by my brother a month ago who said Coronavirus was just a flu that would never affect America like China and wouldn’t affect our economy...I love my brother and he is very successful and has made lots of money but he really missed that one...

now they are talking TWO trillion dollar stimulus.

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
        Worst prediction I have heard lately was by my brother a month ago who said Coronavirus was just a flu that would never affect America like China and wouldn’t affect our economy...I love my brother and he is very successful and has made lots of money but he really missed that one...

Dems didn't approve it..........maybe get even bigger

Comment

I'll answer for Cold since he isn't here right now.

Two words:
          Casey Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            Casey Crawford

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

I told my wife I had a stimulus package bigger than what we would get from this. As long as it doesn’t break a roll of quarters I’ll have a accurate prediction, for once.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

For about 3...maybe 4...possibly 5 years I predicted almost every game that my man Shaq Morris would go for 20!!!

I think maybe he got one finally. Heckava player!!! Miss me some Shaq.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Back in early 2016 I picked the wrong numbers for the powerball. Cost me over a billion dollars.

Comment

I've got one for Cold!
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Mine would be HCGM not working out here. I thought he must have been damaged goods since he had coached at Winthrop for 9 years and no one else seemed to want to hire him away from there.

Sometimes Is good to be wrong..... :)
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

That Stevenson could be better than Ron. This tells me to "slow my roll".

Speaking of this year, remember how much fun Coach was saying it was to coach this team? That was up until UConn.

Look at the post game celebration there, everybody was going nuts, but GS was sitting there amidst the joy. It was very strange, and I had commented to another poster on here about that. I didn't know that but perhaps that was part of the underlying problems starting to come to the surface?

Anybody know where that locker room celebration video is? I googled it, didn't find it. Thought it would be in the Kansas.com article on the win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
                          That Stevenson could be better than Ron. This tells me to "slow my roll".

Speaking of this year, remember how much fun Coach was saying it was to coach this team? That was up until UConn.

Look at the post game celebration there, everybody was going nuts, but GS was sitting there amidst the joy. It was very strange, and I had commented to another poster on here about that. I didn't know that but perhaps that was part of the underlying problems starting to come to the surface?

Anybody know where that locker room celebration video is? I googled it, didn't find it. Thought it would be in the Kansas.com article on the win.
                          I thought it was on Twitter. Somewhere.

Comment

I thought it was on Twitter. Somewhere.
                            added:

Is this it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
                              Yep! I noticed that as well when I first saw it the night they posted the video. Re-watched it again last week and was still dumbfounded by GS body language. It was and is very telling.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Thank you my friend, that's exactly the video I was talking about. Right when I saw that I thought "something ain't right." Didn't have any clue what it could / did turn into.

​​​​​My instincts tell me a couple of the guys that recently transferred will end up transferring again.

(This part is to whom it may concern," but definitely not directed at the JVShocker) you think you're better than everyone else, your world will eventually crash around you, cause you're not better than anybody else. Everybody got to where they are with a helluva lot of help along the way. Show gratitude, be humble, and kick ass and take names doing it, cause without said help along the way, we'd all prolly be a helluva lot worse than we are now.

I bet everyone here can think of a bunch of times we ended up getting help in a critical moment that turned out in your favor when it could've easily gone wrong.

And those are the times you *know* about. Have gratitude for your scholarships, for being able to couch at Wichita State U, for being a mascot, a fan, a rival, and a Shockernet poster.
                                Last edited by ShockAzs; March 25, 2020, 02:08 AM. Reason: Added some clarity

Comment

Working...
                                X