What was your worst ever prediction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I'm going to go thew other way and give the best post I've ever done. It was on MVCFans before either VanVleet or Baker had played a single game. It ran to 37 pages and some SWOMO posters thought they had the same caliber of players.

http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2477
    Not my prediction, but halfway through Baker's red shirt year I asked someone I trust how that Baker kid was doing. The answer was: " he is the best player on the floor, he will be all MVC"

Interesting story: I was in, I believe Pratt KS, watching a female relative play in the 3A state Playoffs. The next game was a boys game we watched for a little bit. They had this guard that was really good. I was so excited about him and assuming he was an immature senior, I told a member of our party we should call a junior college coach we knew so he could recruit him. I looked him up and he was just a sophomore, playing for Scott City. I guess you could say I discovered Ron Baker long before the WSU staff did.

Comment

On topic. I and and quite a few other were not sure FVV would make it here half way through his Freshman year. Too slow to play at this level. Turned out it was the turned ankle he was recovering from and Fred said after his Freshman year that he was embarrassed with how he had played to start the year.

If my memory is right, he turned out to be pretty good.

Comment

During the Randy Smithson years, I boldly predicted we would win the MVC in 1998. We did get 3rd at 11-7 but were just a wee bit behind Illinois State's 16-2 record.

Comment

I thought Erik Stevenson would average Ron Baker's sophomore numbers this year. Holy crap was that a fail.

Well actually I guess he did ... in Field Goal ATTEMPTS and TURNOVERS.

muhahahaha

Okay he did beat Ron out in rebounding, but other than that, Baker's sophomore stats smoked Stevenson's.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Having trouble coming up with just one terrible prediction, I’ve had many through the years.

Comment

Fred is a great college player, but has zero NBA chance.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                “We’ll never beat the #1 Zags”

“Are you satisfied?”

Enjoy the show (Cle and Fred coming off the bench)...

I’m getting nervous. Yikes!

After the win, reporter on the floor talking to Marshall: Reporter - Guys stepping up with big shots, clutch shots, and different guys stepping up. Marshall - "This is the epitome of a team. They don't care about individual stats, it's all about us winning."

Comment

Who would want to invest in a book reseller like Amazon?
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

I know I was pretty high on Mantas Griskanis when we signed him. I know I have worse ones than that. I'll keep searching. Good topic WuShock16

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I know I was pretty high on Mantas Griskanis when we signed him. I know I have worse ones than that. I'll keep searching. Good topic WuShock16
                      Didn’t help that he blew out his knee. That did happen. Correct?

Comment

More than once. Still, I had him projected just below Sabonis (the dad) in skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          Fred is a great college player, but has zero NBA chance.
                          I actually thought he'd make the NBA... my close buddies horse laughed...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I said something once along the lines of Cotton had a better shot than FVV at the NBA because of his superior athletic ability.

Comment

That the Shockers would make the 2020 Tournament
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

After the win, reporter on the floor talking to Marshall: Reporter - Guys stepping up with big shots, clutch shots, and different guys stepping up. Marshall - "This is the epitome of a team. They don't care about individual stats, it's all about us winning."
                                l listened to the replay (thanks KFH) and caught that comment also... there's so many great quotes before and after that game. Marshall calls a timeout during the first half when Pitt made a run; Mike and Bob discuss how he doesn't use many of them and saves them. Coach Marshall was a master and he still is. I don't care what anyone says. He'll make the necessary adjustments with current and incoming players and work even harder.
                                We put a 'clown suit' on Dixon's bunch. Cotton guarded their star player most of the game and he ended up with 2 points. Marshall mentions in the pre-game that Tekele will be guarding him and, "he'll have a difficult game." I can't recall the players name.

Oh, I'd take another 7' African gazell; I know he was brutal from the line, but he was a 'game changer'. The "Play Angry" toughness on that team was legendary. I had forgot about the injuries also; probably caused us to lose several games before Baker came back. I also thought Doug Gottlieb provided good 'color' commentary... not sure what went wrong between him and our program.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X