I give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give up

I've given up reading and re-reading the same opinions, rebuttals and conjecture for the foreseeable future and will disregard all things related to the Basketball forum until such time as we have some topic that deals with how practice is going with the NEW Shockers., Stay safe, keep your family's safe and help where and when you can. Go Shox

Stay safe, my friend!

I, however, will continue to ***** and moan on here because that is my God-given right as a ShockerNetter!!
    The Assman

Comment

Same. To much celebrity worshipping for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        Same. To much celebrity worshipping for me.
        We start erecting the statute this week!
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

We start erecting the statute this week!
          Can we agree to postpone until April 1?

Better safe than sorry these days.

Comment

Maybe the government should mandate a social MEDIA distancing. LMAO

Too much free time on everyones hands.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I they take away that, along with sports, I am going to start turning into George Costanza in the episode where he stops having sex.

"Of Course! Absolute Zero!"
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I've given up reading and re-reading the same opinions, rebuttals and conjecture for the foreseeable future and will disregard all things related to the Basketball forum until such time as we have some topic that deals with how practice is going with the NEW Shockers., Stay safe, keep your family's safe and help where and when you can. Go Shox
                Sounds like a good social media distancing plan.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  I can't give up on my Shockers or SN. This place (SN) is my safe place. Its my escape from the real world. I don't know what I'd do without it. I will be here everyday from this day until my last to hear what people have to say about my beloved Shockers. I've played against some amazing shockers on the basketball court in my time in pickup games or 1on1. Gus Santos, Perez, Griffin, the Praylows, Guff, Darren Williams, many others and missed getting to play against X by about 20 minutes in my own driveway. Played with uber talented players at Heskett. Anyone remember Jinx? I would see Doc Poe at the store occasionally and always stopped to say hi. I'm here for the duration. Until my brain stops thinking about these things or until I get banned, I'll be watching and posting.

Comment

I’m just to the point that with the state of the world and our country right now, there are much more important things to worry about right now than college basketball. While I love Shocker sports, the fact is that on the list of things I have to be concerned about at this point in time, they barely register.

Comment

I understand. If I give up though, that means I give up on all of it. And I'm just another face in the crowd with a shopping cart full of toilet paper.

Comment

I’m not going anywhere. I’ve always been a Shocker! More than 50 years. I am patiently waiting until the new recruits are announced. I will renew my season tickets and plan to go see the aftershocks this summer. Need to think about something besides politics, virus or 401k.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                          I understand. If I give up though, that means I give up on all of it. And I'm just another face in the crowd with a shopping cart full of toilet paper.
                          You have toilet paper?
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

You have toilet paper?
                            I did. I gave it away to family.

added: You can get all the toilet paper you want on ebay right now. Free shipping too in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I did. I gave it away to family.

added: You can get all the toilet paper you want on ebay right now. Free shipping too in most cases.
                              quarantine-coronavirus-jokes-memes-5e6f2c6d1c6e4__700.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X