Odds and ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds and ends

I realize this may get panned, but needed an outlet for random thoughts about Shocker hoops and other life items... so here goes:
    - just watched the 2015 KU game, with these thoughts:
    what a great coaching staff
    what a relaxed Gregg looks like
    what a veteran team looks like
    how Self looked like he never coached, only yelled... and much he has aged in 5 years
    how Evan picked THAT game for his best game, to me anyway

One other unrelated thing... I just read WE WILL RISE, a book about the Evansville plane crash of 1977... very good read.

Be safe! Go Shocks!

I watched the game last night, too, and was amazed at how young Gregg looked. Also of note—we won every 50/50 ball in that game. The offense was fluid and never “stuck,” like these recent years. Everyone knew their job.

Comment

I loved that part in the 2nd half where Self is freaked out and Marshall is looking down the sideline at him and has that smirk on his face. Marshall already knew it was over

found it

Discover topics like reaction gif, sports, Funny, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ArcticDragon0.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Good thread... by the way, tune into KFH radio tomorrow at noon and relive the road to the 2013 Final Four.

Sorry, I have no luck posting from my iPhone... feel free to embed tweet...
          https://twitter.com/shockervoice/sta...983970304?s=21
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
            I loved that part in the 2nd half where Self is freaked out and Marshall is looking down the sideline at him and has that smirk on his face. Marshall already knew it was over

found it

https://imgur.com/t/funny/JxVflBp
            I once asked Gregg about that. He laughed. “Oh, that sumbitch was pissed!”

78-65

Comment

Days like that help me get through days like today.

Comment

Blessings, Wu!!!!!

Comment

Six years ago today.... best game/biggest shaft/ big heartbreak.... Kentucky 78 WSU76
                  i know not everyone reads THE ATHLETIC( one of the best gifts I ever got) but Kyle Tucket wrote an amazing article about the game HE called the best NCAA tourney game he ever saw... and says that while it was patently unfair, the game itself was amazing beyond belief
                  Those were the days.

Comment

This is an incredible Grantland article after the KU game.

"Give In to Gregg Marshall: In Praise of College Basketball’s Conservative Weirdo"

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Oh, my goodness...great article!!!!!!

Comment

Fire Gregg Marshall! Hire Bob Richey!

Comment

Maybe old news...but if you're missing sports and the commentary, this might help. If only for a minute or two.

Feel free to jump to the 1:45 mark

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            Maybe old news...but if you're missing sports and the commentary, this might help. If only for a minute or two.

Feel free to jump to the 1:45 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utNAhe5QPk

Sounds like the same guy...

PG-13

"She's like a French goose before Christmas!"

Comment

Reminds me of Shockernet recently...

Comment

Working...
                              X