maybe i missed it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe i missed it....

...in a thread here...how was the reception for gene and randy? i was out o town...paper sounded like it was warm!

Re: maybe i missed it....

Originally posted by molly jabali
    ...in a thread here...how was the reception for gene and randy? i was out o town...paper sounded like it was warm!
    In my area it was luke warm. It was noticed right off they wore red and blue instead of black and gold. Comments were like are they stupid, or are they disrespecting WSU.

Comment

When they announced them in attendance and showed them on the jumbotron almost everyone stood up and applauded.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I thought the reception was warm and Gene looked to be pleased with that.

Comment

Re: maybe i missed it....

Originally posted by SB Shock
          Originally posted by molly jabali
          In my area it was luke warm. It was noticed right off they wore red and blue instead of black and gold. Comments were like are they stupid, or are they disrespecting WSU.
          Here's my take...

Actually, I recall Randy wearing a black sweat suit and Gene a light blue dress shirt, red sleeveless v-neck sweater and dark colored slacks. At the time, I didn't think anything negative about what either one of them was wearing... I actually felt good that both of them were in attendance at a game many thought should have been cancelled or postponed. I was also pleased that the administration recognized both of them... to me they will always be Shockers and a part of many great memories during my high school and college years. Having them both in attendance may have been historic for college basketball? How many D1 colleges have had a father and son both coach; both terminated; then both return to the school to be recognized? I imagine they both have some bitterness towards the university and I respect them both for even stepping foot in Koch Arena.
          :good:

Concerning the welcome, I thought it was warm and genuine... the standing ovation was very nice. I wished they both could have made it to a game with 10,000+ in attendance. I noticed a steady stream of well wishers visiting with Gene at the half. Gene is a regular on the KGSO (1410) Shocker Sound-off pre-game show... it will be interesting to hear his comments about his trip to Wichita and Koch Arena on Saturday's show.

I've been wanting to make a couple of comments about the UAB crowd and haven't taken the time. I've attended probably 95% of Shocker home games the past 30 years and I have never been more proud of a crowd than I was on Saturday night. We were told by the media to stay home and not venture out... that was logical. Without a 4-wheel drive vehicle, I'm not sure I would have made it to the game. When I arrived around 7:00 pm, the parking lot was a complete disaster with major drifts and piles of snow everywhere. My first thought was they have to cancel this game... there was simply no way to park vehicles and clean parking lots simultaneously. At that time I would have bet a lot of money that the attendance wouldn't exceed 2000 people. I was beyond surprised during team introductions to see 8000 (my best guess) people in the arena. I believe the team was thrilled to see this many people also... coach Marshall specifically praised the dedication of Shocker fans during his post game interviews... he said he was overwhelmed. I sense that he now understands the true love and loyalty of Shocker basketball fans.
          :D

Please don't feel bad that you couldn't attend the game... you were actually using more brain cells than the majority of us... you were all there in spirit and most of us yelled enough for two.
          :clap:

Finally, if anyone should ever question my Shocker loyalty to my face, they will either get punched in the face or kicked square in the grapes... both can be very painful.
          :goshocks:
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I had a chance to shake Gene's hand after the game.

He was very happy. He really enjoyed the game and being in the round house again. He said that the Shocker fans were great just like they were when he coached here.

Comment

I really enjoy the pre-game show on KGSO with Randy and his segment with Gene (MTXE); they both still love basketball (and Shocker basketball); it is very apparent in their conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
                I had a chance to shake Gene's hand after the game.

He was very happy. He really enjoyed the game and being in the round house again. He said that the Shocker fans were great just like they were when he coached here.
                I visited with Gene at halftime for a minute and he really did seem thrilled to be there and extremely positive about the program.

Both left the Shockers with some negative feelings, but both seem to have let them go and hopefully the vast majority of the fans have too. They are two really good guys who truly love basketball and both deserve a place on the wall at Koch.

Comment

Hey, Gene never wore Black and Yellow very much when he coached here.
                  I seemed like he came closer to the opponents' colors more than ours. My group would make comments like," Look he is wearing a red tie and we are playing Bradley!" I don't think he really gave a D**N about what people thought about what he wore he was more concerned with how his team looked .
                  :clap: :wsu_posters: :clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
                    Hey, Gene never wore Black and Yellow very much when he coached here.
                    I seemed like he came closer to the opponents' colors more than ours. My group would make comments like," Look he is wearing a red tie and we are playing Bradley!" I don't think he really gave a D**N about what people thought about what he wore he was more concerned with how his team looked .
                    :clap: :wsu_posters: :clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo:
                    Your right about that. You have to keep in mind though that about 80% of posters on this board though want to lynch and kill somebody for wearing anything but yellow to any wsu event. Ridiculous... yes, absolutely in my mind. Not in theirs and theirs is all that matters to them. So it goes. Grain of salt. I had a feeling when I saw them at the game that somebody would make an issue out of it and sure enough here we are talking about something that really doesnt matter at all on any level... well except to themselves I guess.

Comment

When I see everyone in Yellow it reminds me of a bunch of mindless zombies that are out of it just following what everyone else does.

Lemmings and sheep also come to mind.
                      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                        When I see everyone in Yellow it reminds me of a bunch of mindless zombies that are out of it just following what everyone else does.

It's a carefully choreographed marketing strategy designed to help build the image of the Shocker Nation for recruits in person as well as on television. Wearing yellow is a duty and has nothing to do with following a "flock".

Moron.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

It's a carefully choreographed marketing strategy designed to help build the image of the Shocker Nation for recruits in person as well as on television. Wearing yellow is a duty and has nothing to do with following a "flock".

Moron.

T

...8)
                          :yahoo: :posterwu:
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

Moron.

Hey, hey.

T

...8)

Comment

:wacko:

Comment

Working...
                              X