2020 Off-season Discussion/News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Practices will be held online until further notice.
    Cue Allen Iverson and his eloquent views on practice!

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      Of the players currently on the roster, here are the ones I want to see here next year: DD, TE, JB, DG, TW, ES, JoB, and GS.
      The number of available post players who are capable of contributing in their first year is probably a negative number. The number of available post players who would be better than either Midtgaard or Udeze is probably 0. Project post players who might be contributors their 3rd or 4th year are mostly all committed by now. We're 2 years late in solving the post position for next year.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

You can lack good post players if your back court players can make jumpers at a high clip, like Creighton. There’s still hope for us next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          You can lack good post players if your back court players can make jumpers at a high clip, like Creighton. There’s still hope for us next year.
          Do you mean because our perimeter players make 3's at such a high rate?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Of the players currently on the roster, here are the ones I want to see here next year: DD, TE, JB, DG, TW, ES, JoB, and GS.
            What about NF, MU and AM?
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

1979Shocker probably missed NF, the true PG
              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Do you mean because our perimeter players make 3's at such a high rate?
                For the brief time when the NCAA Tournament was going forward but without fans, I was interested to see how our shooting would be. According to Marshall, this is one of his best shooting teams in practice, and a game without fans is pretty damn close to practice-like conditions.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  There will be no off-season.There will be no next season.Let's just hope at least five of our guys survive so that we will be able to field a team.
                  I know that's an attempt at humor, I think, but not all that funny...

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

For the brief time when the NCAA Tournament was going forward but without fans, I was interested to see how our shooting would be. According to Marshall, this is one of his best shooting teams in practice, and a game without fans is pretty damn close to practice-like conditions.
                    The reason I predicted (in another thread) we would reach the finals of the AAC tournament (probably lose the championship game), get an at-large invite and then reach the Sweet Sixteen... just as well hang another banner!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

VerbalCommits reports that Tate Busse has entered the transfer portal. Not really surprising. I wouldn't fault any walk-on who thought that he could find a scholarship somewhere to pursue that possibility.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        VerbalCommits reports that Tate Busse has entered the transfer portal. Not really surprising. I wouldn't fault any walk-on who thought that he could find a scholarship somewhere to pursue that possibility.
                        It has begun... Tate, thank you for being a Shocker. Hope it was an experience of a lifetime.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I’m currently at half time of the WSU v Ohio state elite 8 game on YouTube. Dang, that team could play defense and rebound!

Comment

Yes. The game RB about got his neck snapped in the first 90 seconds. Ouch!

Comment

Not like he benefits from entering the portal yet, with recruiting banned across the NCAA.
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                I’m currently at half time of the WSU v Ohio state elite 8 game on YouTube. Dang, that team could play defense and rebound!
                                The shot blocking and tenacity was incredible and is sorely missed.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X