Head Coach Recruitment Criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Coach Recruitment Criteria

Shockernet posters vigorously challenging my identification of Bob Richey (73-25 in 3 years) as a potential candidate for the position of Men’s Head Basketball Coach at Wichita State led me to review hiring of said coaches; especially those positions in D1 schools located in "geographically challenged" locations similar to Wichita State. Interestingly Gonzaga located in Spokane, Washington IMO may be the closest match to Wichita State. Pertinent data generated:

1. Gonzaga hired Mark Few - 37 years old with 9 years as an assistant coach at the school

2. Cincinnati hired John Brannen - 45 years old, 4 years HC at Northern Kentucky with a record of 81-51

3. Dayton hired Anthony Grant - 50 years old with 9 years HC at Alabama and VCU with a record of 255-141

P5 Coaches of interest include:

Baylor hired Scott Drew who had 1 year HC at Valpariso record of 20-11
    Duke hired Coach K who had 5 years at Army record of 73-59
    Oklahoma State hired Mike Boynton who had no HC experience
    Syracuse hired Jim Boeheim with no HC experience
    Texas hired Shaka Smart who had 6 years HC at VCU but no HC experience when hired by VCU
    Texas Tech hired Chris Beard who had 4 years HC at McMurry, Little Rock and Angelo State; record 96-30

Kansas Basketball History Lesson - Four Basketball Hall of Fame Members

Phog Allen created the concept of coaching basketball at Kansas obviously with no HC experience
    Adolph Rupp from Halstead, Kansas played for Phog Allen and took the HC position at Kentucky with no HC experience
    Dean Smith from Emporia, Kansas played for Phog Allen and took the HC position at UNC with no HC experience
    Ralph Miller from Chanute, Kansas played for Phog Allen and took the HC position at University of Wichita with no HC experience

Why would you feel the need to start a new topic to defend yourself in a different topic?

Comment

Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Jesus
        no coaching experience

Comment

I have no coaching experience either.

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

This is TURRIBLE

Comment

I feel like I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  I feel like I'm missing something.
                  You aren't missing anything Shocker1976 is missing a rational thought process

Comment

Are the Shockers looking for a new HC or am I completely missing something?
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I'm sure it's happened to us all...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lol this again?

Shouldnt you spend your time doing something more productive by learning the names of the players on the Baseball team

Comment

We have a one man self appointed search committee getting out front of any possible retirement. Because he is a self acknowledging planning expert in his field of expertise he is keeping us informed of his impressive volume of work in preparation for any possible scenario. Pure genius

Comment

Take this thread down. This is stupid and anyone that’s not happy with the job Marshall has done for a group of TEN underclassmen is extremely irrational. I get it if you think we should have done better in the year we lost to Marshall University, that one hurt. But, come on, let the guy build a winning team. Don’t pull a Salem Witch trial on the guy we’ll probably name the court after in a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Are the Shockers looking for a new HC or am I completely missing something?
                              Shocker1976 took it upon himself to submit the formal retirement paperwork to Coach Marshall. Doesn't want to miss the chance to steal away Furmans coach

Comment

Working...
                              X