Ragland???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragland???

Hearing a rumor here at the game that Ragland may not be elidgible or something next semester for grades due to missing class???? Surely this isn't true....is it? I would think coach would keep him out of more games as punishment if this was the case. Sure hope this isn't true!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

there was a quote in the paper that Marshall was holding onto his NIT ring until he showed improvement on grades. Rumors could be swirling based on that remark in the paper.

Comment

Hope so
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

He has been to class. Whether it was too little too late... don't know. I firmly believe with @Dan:, that if he wasn't eligible, he wouldn't be playing.

Comment

Your rumor seems about 2 months old.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

If Ragland were to be ineligible next semester, that would be based on grades from this semester. Those grades aren't out yet, so he's obviously eligible now. I can't imagine that missing a few classes early would lead to a failing grade, or even a grade low enough to threaten eligibility.

You'd have to think that Joe has been attending classes since Shocker Madness in mid-Octiber, or there would likely have been more suspensions.

I'm very comfortable that anything about missed classes and eligibility is total rumor. Now, if Joe has been failing some classes, and that's known, and the issue is getting confused with his attendance problems, that's an entirely different situation.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It is hard to believe that Joe (or the coaching staff for that matter) would let Joe's academics get that far out of control. He is a senior. To be declared ineligible for next semester would effectively end his career at WSU.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

No word here but my guess is that Joe has gotten the books in order. What is nice is how far he is ahead right now of where he was at this juncture last season.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shockerfan I have that exact same whiskey bottle-Ezra Brooks
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    No word here but my guess is that Joe has gotten the books in order. What is nice is how far he is ahead right now of where he was at this juncture last season.
                    Last year at this time we were all moaning about not having Clevin at the point but JR is quickly becoming what could be the single season assist to t/o leader. According to MK his last three to four games have been outstanding. I'm sure SB or RDR has the stats and I know SB can run a correlation or graph his year to date performances and see what he should end up with.

Comment

I'll throw my two cent guess in. What Marshall expects in class is probably higher than what it takes to be eligible. Therefore, if JRag was not doing what Marshall's higher standard would be, I'd assume he'd not be playing right now and getting his grades in order before Valley play rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I'll throw my two cent guess in. What Marshall expects in class is probably higher than what it takes to be eligible. Therefore, if JRag was not doing what Marshall's higher standard would be, I'd assume he'd not be playing right now and getting his grades in order before Valley play rolls around.
                        I pretty much felt the same way. Just odd cause the person who told me isn't typically one to bite on rumors that he doesn't feel somewhat confident in. I am sure it's nothing though, I couldn't imagine he would have played tonight for SURE if Marshall wasn't satisfied with his school work.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          Shockerfan I have that exact same whiskey bottle-Ezra Brooks
                          Nice! My dad bought this one brand new back in the early 70's. He drank the whiskey but passed the bottle on to me just the other night. I got a new wine bar and it looks great sitting on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X