Xavier vs. Cincinnati fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier vs. Cincinnati fight

Looks like it was started by a Cincinnati player. I hope they are dealt with harshly.

First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Looked to me like the Cincy player may have confronted the Xavier player but the Xavier player made the first push/shove/punch. Apparently, the game was pretty chippy throughout with a lot of trash talking going on.

Comment

I see the Cincinnati play grab the Xavier play by the throat then the other player comes in and they push the Cinn. player.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Kenny Frease, a European-American, was the guy that was sucker punched by Yates and later stomped by a different thug. Had this occurred on the street, somebody would be going to jail. The refs obviously "let 'em play."

Comment

A 6 game suspension is weak! Those responsible deserve to sit for the year. Especially the one that threw the sucker punch.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
              A 6 game suspension is weak! Those responsible deserve to sit for the year. Especially the one that threw the sucker punch.
              I would not supsend any of the players for the regular season. I would just make both Cincy and Xavier ineligible for post-season play this year. Once the regular season is done, they are done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I would not supsend any of the players for the regular season. I would just make both Cincy and Xavier ineligible for post-season play this year. Once the regular season is done, they are done.
                Rare disagreement but this was bad enough it warrants immediate punishment. Suspensions until further review and possibly deeper punishment is in order. There is NO place for NBA thug antics in college sports. Period. That message must be strongly sent, and like RIGHT NOW.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yancey Gates, who I believe is the name of the Cincy player that threw the punches, should quite honestly be in jail right now. The fact that he only got a 6 game suspension tells me that Mick Cronin is full of you know what, and that we should believe nothing he says. If I'm Cincy's coach, Gates is banned from the team, as well as the guy that stomped on Frease while he was on the ground. And if I'm Xaviers coach, I'm not so sure that I don't boot Tu Holloway off the team just for his postgame comments. The word thug and gangster has no place in college basketball. I don't think we've seen the end of this situation yet, I fear there is more to come.

Comment

Ghetto thug ball at its finest.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Tu Holloway: "We zipped 'em up".

Apparently I'm not hip with what's going down on da street. Is that supposed to be a body bag reference? I would be disappointed if one of our players were suspended for one game for a comment such as that. And I would be disappointed in our coach for allowing that player to have access to a microphone, especially if he was that flipping stupid.

Mick Cronin being right: "I'm embarrassed and I'm hoping President Williams doesn't ask me to resign after this."

Mick Cronin being wrong: I have to hear a sincere apology before I consider reinstating these players.

Random thoughts:

Xavier is fantastically good.

The top end of the A-10 is tough as nails. Xavier, Temple, St. Louis, St. Joseph.

Is there a conference anymore with a number in it's name that is capable of counting correctly? The A-10 is especially mathematically challenged with 14 teams.

Comment

Doc - I think the "zip 'em up" reference is to all the trash talking Cincy was doing. Like zipping their lips. I could be wrong. I agree that the penalty is weak at this point. Even the coaches should have to sit out games so they think about how they were involved in letting it get to this point. Maybe they should have a little discipline in their programs.

Comment

This whole thing was do to a failure by the adults in the room. First you've got the Cincy players talking trash, by way of social media, about the Xavier players, which from a coaching standpoint is one of the dumbest things a player can do. But it must be to much work for the Cincy coachs to monitor that sort of thing. And then during the game, you've got an Xavier player repeatedly running by the Cincy bench mouthing off, which the refs apparently did nothing about. So it seems to me, some coachs and refs should also be suspended. And the Cincy player that stomped or kicked the Xavier player while he was down, that kid would be gone for ever. That's a pure gutless coward right there. He'd never play for me again.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                            Doc - I think the "zip 'em up" reference is to all the trash talking Cincy was doing. Like zipping their lips. I could be wrong. I agree that the penalty is weak at this point. Even the coaches should have to sit out games so they think about how they were involved in letting it get to this point. Maybe they should have a little discipline in their programs.
                            "That's what you're going to see from Xavier and Cincinnati," Holloway said. "We got disrespected a little bit before the game, guys calling us out. We're a tougher team. We're grown men over here. We've got a whole bunch of gangsters in the locker room -- not thugs, but tough guys on the court. And we went out there and zipped them up at the end of the game."
                            I will stop being a WSU supporter if a player like this is every allowed to be and remain a WSU basketball player.

Comment

I don't think it's over. At least, I hope not.

Comment

Working...
                              X