Crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowd

This can be overplayed, but the crowd for the Utah State game was pathetic. I'm going to assume that the Utah State fans in attendance think that all the talk about Koch Arena is exaggerated, because I know I would from how the crowd acted. Not only were there empty seats (which is sad in itself), this was among the quietest crowds I have ever seen at a WSU game. It didn't seem to matter how the much game tightened up or how much we put on a big run, it was like pulling teeth to get the audience up to a moderate pitch, much less standing and making the arena raucous.

This was exactly the kind of game that should have been an electric environment, but entailed the crowd sitting passively for about 85% of the time (and that might be generous). I know that most on here are probably very vocal at the games, but I just had to vent.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

I disagree quite a bit. We were pretty darn loud when we starting raining threes at the end of the first half. And the second half wasn't too much to cheer about after a while. Once it started to get close, we would try and get our team going, but it just didn't really work. Once they finally did something right, we would stand and get pretty loud for about a minute until our guys let them drive to the lane again and shut us up again. I think the crowd had a decent showing. Nothing to complain about.

Comment

I would say it was the least enthusiastic crowd that I have seen in a number of years.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        This can be overplayed, but the crowd for the Utah State game was pathetic. I'm going to assume that the Utah State fans in attendance think that all the talk about Koch Arena is exaggerated, because I know I would from how the crowd acted. Not only were there empty seats (which is sad in itself), this was among the quietest crowds I have ever seen at a WSU game. It didn't seem to matter how the much game tightened up or how much we put on a big run, it was like pulling teeth to get the audience up to a moderate pitch, much less standing and making the arena raucous.

This was exactly the kind of game that should have been an electric environment, but entailed the crowd sitting passively for about 85% of the time (and that might be generous). I know that most on here are probably very vocal at the games, but I just had to vent.
        +1,000 for Mad's post. I will also add that the bail early folks did it way sooner than normal tonight and it seemed like there were more of them as well. Is an office Christmas party really going to heat up before 9:00 anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          +1,000 for Mad's post. I will also add that the bail early folks did it way sooner than normal tonight and it seemed like there were more of them as well. Is an office Christmas party really going to heat up before 9:00 anyway?
          Ours was over by 9:30 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Ours was over by 9:30 tonight.
            Half the fans must work with you then.

Comment

I thought that overall the crowd was pretty pathetic. Maybe our older fans needed a rest after yelling a lot during the UNLV game.

I just hope they wake up and are ready to yell again by the time we play Creighton.

Comment

Yea...not sure what game shockerphi was at. Very substandard crowd involvement. Many fans in 124 even talked about it at the last media timeout. It's not an excuse that we were ahead by so many points much of the game. The crowd just didn't bring it tonight. I will do my part on Wednesday to rectify this anomaly. Sorry Aggie fans.

Comment

Did anybody see Wisky-UNLV? That place was a morgue.

Comment

The crowd begins with the beginning of the game. You can tell if it's going to be loud or not, when it's going to be loud, you can feel the electricity before the game starts. The beginning video/music do no favors in that department.

Comment

I dunno, maybe I was just a little optimistic. I was also sitting near some loud people. I must have only paid attention to the noise level when it actually was loud.

Comment

Whatever happened to the attendance like we had when we had consecutive sellouts (almost all the time?) during the Turgeon years? IMO opinion our team is more talented and entertaining now. Is it the economy? I see our KU friends in Lawrence sellout every game - what is the problem here in Wichita? We used to always selll out.

Comment

It was my first opportunity to go to a game this year and I was more than excited. Sadly, the crowd was a bit disappointing.
                          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

There's a much larger captive audience in Lawrence, vance. Ask yourself how many "civilians" -- that is, non-students and faculty -- attend here vs. in Chickenhawk City, and you may find that you've answered your own comparison to Lawrence.

Comment

There wasn't a whole lot to cheer about in the second half, but I do think that the student section needs to step their game up (I'm always in the student section, and it's usually a little pathetic)
                              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Working...
                              X