Clear All

• Pre-season expectations vs. now

The team has performed as I expected
    52.08%
    The team performed above my expectations
    18.75%
    The team performed below my expectations
    29.17%

I expected more from Sherfield, Wade, Dennis, and Midtgaard.
    Etienne has performed above my expectations. Same for Echenique

I predicted 24 wins (including the conference tournament), but I thought that was probably more hope than expectation.

Stevenson's season has turned out about as expected over the long haul, but I wasn't expecting his streaky Jekkyl and Hyde performances.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We are performing about where the coaches in the conference thought we would. I would say above expectations to start and below expectations in conference.

Comment

Below expectations. I really expected this team to have a rocky start to non-conference but to be coming into its own and starting to exert itself in the latter days of February. Right now I question whether this team can actually beat a Top 100 team.

Comment

D. All of the above.
          The Assman

Comment

I thought coming into this season we were probably a year away from actually being legit. Then we started off hot and that raised the bar a bit. Had me thinking we were ahead of schedule. But then conference play started and we have regressed. Overall, 20-7 towards the end of February is a nice leap forward coming off of a rebuilding year. We still control our own destiny so a lot of basketball left to be played before this question can truly be answered.

Comment

I believe the preseason expectations of the program are NCAA Big Dance inclusion, so if we are in the tournament we meet expectations, if we fail on Selection Sunday, then we fall short!

Comment

Oh look, a loss, and guess who shows up?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Who? They all look familiar to me...

Comment

I optimistically forecasted 24 W's at the start. It appears we will probably fall a game or two short of that but we
                    have been snake bit recently in close games. The question now is how we respond to those tough close losses so the
                    answer still remains to be seen the next four games. I think we have to go 3-1 which will be tough and a first round
                    tournament win to assure a dance ticket. Yesterday's loss was very disappointing but I, for one, was extremely pleased
                    with the teams effort. This team just can't seem to hit on enough cylinders against good teams. Two or three play well and
                    3-4 don't each game. To dance were going to need 4-6 players playing well at the same time and continue with good
                    defense / effort.

Comment

We are about where I expected at the start of the year. Though the quick start changed my outlook, and we don't seem to be getting much better as the season is going on.

Comment

Prior to the year, if you would have told me with 4 games to play this team would control their own postseason destiny, I would've said: "sign me up"! Have to win out at home and if we can only win 1 of the 2 road games it needs to be @Memphis since it will be a Q1 game.

Comment

Like people have said:

- Record is about what I thought/hoped it would be.
                          - Hot start had me thinking they were ahead of schedule.
                          - Recent play has made me think that they've plateaued; or even regressed some.

It's weird. It's hard to say I am disappointed based off what I was thinking in the Summer, but I am. Good thing I am a fan and I don't have to be rationale!
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            Like people have said:

It's weird. It's hard to say I am disappointed based off what I was thinking in the Summer, but I am. Good thing I am a fan and I don't have to be rationale!
                            Well said; reflects the view of many posters on Shockernet - all IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Like people have said:

This sums up my thoughts as well. For some reason, If this season was flipped and we had a poor non-con but was building momentum in conference play...I would feel better. I just feel like this team is stagnant right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X