Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State out rebounded opponents every game this year. Even in the 2 losses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    "George W. Bush is alive and living in Wichita, and his new identity is Garrett Stutz -- but it's still his fault."

(Courtesy of Barack Obama's teleprompter)
    that was neither funny or clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      Sorry you disliked it, Mr. President. Most politicians are a little less thin-skinned. I'll return to our regularly scheduled thread now.

Oh, by the way, it's "neither funny NOR clever." You're welcome.
      Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 10, 2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        actually that is kind of funny and clever.

Comment

Aomebody asked how we rebounded against opponents compared to their norm.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If I understand that chart correctly, here is the actual difference between the opponent's norm and their game vs. WSU:

Code:
            CSU      16.8
            CU       15.5
            BAMA      7.7
            Temple    2.2
            UAB      11.3
            CS-Full  20.1
            UNLV      8.6
            Tulsa    13.2
            Utah St  11.9
            Chic St  11.9
            That puts the average at 11.9 (or -11.9 from the opponent's perspective). Using that number, here is what we would expect against our Valley brethren (rounded), based on their current rebounding margins:

Code:
            BU    +10
            CU    +9
            DU    +13
            UE    +23
            InSU  +13
            ISU   +8
            MSU   +13
            UNI   +14
            SIU   +14

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Hannah started two years at the point and did not drive the lane. Ragland has started 1.5 years at the point and did not drive the lane much last year. Murry is a three year starter that did not drive the paint much until this year. Hatch, as a two year starter didn't drive the lane much. Kyles stays away from contact. Hawkins was the starter before Hatch and he also didn't get to the line much. HCGMs first year had Cous at the 3 and he DID drive the paint. shockers shot more FTs than their opponents.

Basically what I'm saying is that up until the last 3 games we have not had consistent dribble-drive penetration from our guards since this years seniors arrived as freshman. I think it has more to do with their personallity than HCGMs coaching philosophy. I think our FT attempts will go up the more TM drives the lane and the more the Beast gets the ball in the paint. Both of them can create contact and finish.
              I agree - and Murry is getting better at using his mid-range game. And Rags has been taking the ball inside to create opportunities for himself and others; Kyles as well but not enough. I think Murry, Rags, and Kyles understand they need to try and penatrate - and I think they are just trying to do it within the offense.

But to execute they way one should - you have to love, want, even initiate - contact. I think, at long last, Murry, Kyles, and Rags are coming around.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                If I understand that chart correctly, here is the actual difference between the opponent's norm and their game vs. WSU:

Code:
                CSU      16.8
                CU       15.5
                BAMA      7.7
                Temple    2.2
                UAB      11.3
                CS-Full  20.1
                UNLV      8.6
                Tulsa    13.2
                Utah St  11.9
                Chic St  11.9
                That puts the average at 11.9 (or -11.9 from the opponent's perspective). Using that number, here is what we would expect against our Valley brethren (rounded), based on their current rebounding margins:

Code:
                BU    +10
                CU    +9
                DU    +13
                UE    +23
                InSU  +13
                ISU   +8
                MSU   +13
                UNI   +14
                SIU   +14
                If you multiply those times our average "points off rebounds" and do the same thing for turnovers, you should be able to tell us how much we win each game by. Woohoo!!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wichita State is similar to Michigan State.

I thought the board situation would be different this year, but no. Marshall (like Izzo) has his team hitting the boards year in and year out, it seems.

Comment

Drive the lanes, hit the boards, and make the FT's. There is nothing not to like about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X