POLL: Thursday -> Sunday Game Slates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Thursday -> Sunday Game Slates

Alright. I gotta ask for people that go to the games, as it has been something I've wondered from afar: ....how do we feel about the Thursday/Sunday game schedule - especially with a 6PM Central Thursday tip and Noon Sunday tips?

Personally, I don't think I would like it - but I live in North Carolina now so I can't really say.
    Hate it
    21.74%
    Love it
    8.70%
    Don't Care we are in the American
    69.57%
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

We play on Thursdays and Sundays because that is when ESPN and ESPN2 give us air-time. If you would like Saturday evenings and Wednesday 7 PM tips then it would probably be back to CBSSN and Fox Sports Kansas City.

Comment

I think it is one of those odd things that happened this year but won't necessarily be repeated in the future...certainly not to this extent. We played at Tulsa on Saturday, February 1. Since that point, the remainder of our season was Thurs/Sun. That has to be an anomaly. I don't mind Thursday or Sunday in smaller doses, but to have our schedule solely as that for the last month of the season seems kinda weird, especially with the lack of Saturday games. Hopefully, next season has a little more variance.
      78-65

Comment

I voted "don't care", but as I think about it, I have had less conflicts with the Sunday games. For those when I didn't have tickets I haven't had to watch later on the DVR as much as the Saturday games.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          I voted "don't care", but as I think about it, I have had less conflicts with the Sunday games. For those when I didn't have tickets I haven't had to watch later on the DVR as much as the Saturday games.
          Plus, pints are cheaper on Sundays!

Comment

The ESPN time slots is why we play when we play...as Shocks02 mentioned. I prefer Saturday games but given the choice of Sunday ESPN or Saturday CBSSN...I’m all for ESPN. Now if a lot of those Sunday games turn into ESPN+ games, I want that on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              The ESPN time slots is why we play when we play...as Shocks02 mentioned. I prefer Saturday games but given the choice of Sunday ESPN or Saturday CBSSN...I’m all for ESPN. Now if a lot of those Sunday games turn into ESPN+ games, I want that on Saturday.
              That's what I think happened as well this year. ESPN and CBSSN needed content to fill time slots and with many of the large conference expanding their own respective Conference Networks that left the AAC to cover some of the void. Plus with Wichita State being a Top Tier Competitor in the AAC , it made us more attractive to televise and so therefore games our games on TV.

I voted "Glad to be in the AAC", however i would expect we get even better time slots next year, but with the caveat that we are more likely to end up on ESPN+.

Comment

We are competing mainly with women's basketball on Sunday,s meaning we get many, many, more eyes on us than we would playing on Saturday. I think it was a brilliant strategy by the AAC to agree to play on Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  with the caveat that we are more likely to end up on ESPN+.
                  You can bet on that!

Comment

Working...
                  X