Wichita State vs South Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

I'm still hung up on generally not having size at the 4 over 6'-6".
    I would agree, a little.

But it's nice having a good 6'11" post in the 4 out 1 in modern era.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      The big pic with AM is that a few of you seem to single him out every time he slips up like you have something against
      him. You made no negative comment re PBC last night and I only did to point out that you seem to be selectively
      singling out AM. He had a very nice post up move/score for our first basket. He stopped a couple of drives forcing them
      back out, he deflected a pass which another team mate got a steal credited, a rebound, and gave JE a nice rest. Where
      is the credit when he does well? As for FT's he isn't the only big man struggling, has not had enough attempts to judge
      and he shot 60% last year.
      I didn't say a word about his play last night. He did fine considering his limitations.

Comment

• Just a reminder to everyone, WSU didn't reach 20 wins last year until the first round game in the NIT against @ Furman on March 20, 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Zero chance of 5-0. We can’t be trusted to play consistent over the next 5 games. This team has issues that just aren’t being addressed. I stand by 3-2 is most likely, with a chance of 4-1 if we play with our heads above our shoulders.
          I’m interested here... you are on of the best posters here and I value your input... what do see as the issues ‘not being addressed’? I’ll hang up and listen

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            I’m interested here... you are on of the best posters here and I value your input... what do see as the issues ‘not being addressed’? I’ll hang up and listen
            Thanks MJ. The biggest and most impacting issue for me is our general lack of flow running the offense. The ball seems to stick in the hands of our guards. There is too much dribbling with no real plan to end the possession with a quality shot. I can't remember a Shocker team that took more possessions down to the shot-clock wire than this one. Because of it, we take "bad" shots out of necessity. I don't see GGG making any significant adjustments except for inserting Fernandez into the starting lineup. He is the only guard that sees the urgency of keeping the ball moving, which makes the defense chase and potentially get out of position enough for us to take "good" shots. The challenge is Fernandez is a freshman and will need some more seasoning for him to be a consistent contributor. I know we are all GGG fans, me included, but he has deficiencies, which includes making timely adjustments. This is just my armchair opinion. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Working...
            X